Spring Sunshine at YAM... and Jason has entered the building!

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
Blue_2

Spring Sunshine at YAM... and Jason has entered the building!

Post by Blue_2 »

In complete contrast to the post I chucked in here a few weeks ago, the sun was out yesterday when I turned up at YAM. The weekday guys had been very busy fetching aircraft out of the hangar, partly so they can summer outside and partly to reconfigure the hangar for the Falklands 40th event which starts next week and runs through until August. This will highlight some of the museum's aircraft and equipment types used in the conflict, but we also have some "special guest" exhibits in on short loans too. Anyway, before starting on with WS788, I made the most of the sun and seeing aircraft which I hadn't seen outdoors for ages.

I made the most of catching the Harrier out in the sun as, rightfully, she'll be going back indoors as part of the centrepiece of the Falklands display

974 is also getting an airing...
As is the new, but not newest, arrival on site, the JP

In the hangar the Halifax has been moved back...
...so early this week is the time to visit if you want to get relatively unobstructed shots of her! Looking the other way, towards 788, you'll see our newest arrival's nose peeping past the Bucc...
This beauty is with us for a few months, on loan from Jet Art
Lynx XZ233, formerly "Jason" of HMS Argonaut, and bona fide Falklands war veteran. Jet Art have done a great job bringing this machine up to scratch. seen here with "the enemy" lurking in the background...

Final positioning of the F40 exhibits happens later this week. It'll be well worth coming to see...
Meteor WS788/ Chippy WK640 Restoration Project, YAM
Shack WR963, Coventry
Other types meddled with by request!

lynothehammer

Re: Spring Sunshine at YAM... and Jason has entered the building!

Post by lynothehammer »

Looks like a fantastic museum, must get there some time. Nice photos, thanks for sharing...

Blue_2

Post by Blue_2 »

It is... but I am a tad biased!
And you're welcome!
Meteor WS788/ Chippy WK640 Restoration Project, YAM
Shack WR963, Coventry
Other types meddled with by request!

K5054NZ

Post by K5054NZ »

I have neither passport nor money for travel, and these photos make neither fact any easier to stomach! A definite Must Visit when I make it to the UK!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates