Danish Airshow June 19th - Display info?

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
LT2012

Danish Airshow June 19th - Display info?

Post by LT2012 »

Hi all!

The airshow in Denmark is going ahead on June the 19th. Aside from the f-16 displays of course the Red Arrows have been announced which is awesome ofc.

Aside from this very little information coming out from the website or the social media channels with regards the flying display.

If anybody has any information, please share here! https://www.forsvaret.dk/da/side/DanishAirShow/

Best regards
Lewis

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Re: Danish Airshow June 19th - Display info?

Post by Tommy »

SwAFHF Draken & Viggen have both self-confirmed

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Quite a lot added into flying and static since last noted, but interesting that they have confirmed a French Rafale in the flying display.

Don’t know which one this is as none of the calendars has confirmed participation in Denmark, so it’s a bit of a weird one!

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

Attending.
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

Went. Good show overall. Main display line was further away than we are accustomed to at somewhere like RIAT. However, the nearest runway for take off and recovery seemed nearer than at somewhere like RIAT. Hopefully some keepers in my photo stash.

Lucky with the weather. Would go again, but if at Karup in future, I would hire a bigger lens.

Mike

Post by Mike »

How was the Danish F-16 demo? I’m looking forward to seeing it at St Dizier this weekend.

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

Mike wrote:
Mon 20 Jun 2022, 6:18 pm
How was the Danish F-16 demo? I’m looking forward to seeing it at St Dizier this weekend.
Very good indeed. Plenty of flares too.

Karup was a fine show. The Danes were clearly enjoying showing off everything they could, there were some lovely historic participants too, and the Swedish historic contingent were sublime. Worth the trip without a doubt.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Mike wrote:
Mon 20 Jun 2022, 6:18 pm
Not quite as good as SoloTurk or the Belgian demos (not far off them though), but much better than Zeus.

The Dannebrog special jet is a pretty thing to watch/photograph.

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

Zeus with the conformal tanks is a beast and enjoy the display enough to give a thumbs up.

The Danish 16 display was decent enough too in my opinion, though not quite Belgian standard at this time. That said, the Danish display jet looks magnificent... truly attractive. And the display had flares (as did many other displays during the show). That always elevates a display...

Some amazingly moody skies in the distance during the show... the clarity and dehaze sliders will bring much pleasure editing my keepers. Wow...

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »