Air Tattoo 50th Anniversary

Announcements from UK Airshow Review and our partners
UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Air Tattoo 50th Anniversary

Post by UK Airshow Review »

• "Golden Skies" - Andy Evans looks back at why so many love RIAT and reports on the 50th anniversary celebrations.

Image Image Image

aviodromefriend

Re: Air Tattoo 50th Anniversary

Post by aviodromefriend »

Just one thing I don't understand: In Airshow (the book about RIAT '98) Paul Bowen was single, now his son is a BA captain. That is from not existing to captain for one of the bigger airlines in the world in less than 23 years...

Sorry, I don't believe this. Not everybody is as talented as Ellie Carter.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

aviodromefriend wrote:
Thu 15 Jul 2021, 2:28 pm
Just one thing I don't understand: In Airshow (the book about RIAT '98) Paul Bowen was single, now his son is a BA captain. That is from not existing to captain for one of the bigger airlines in the world in less than 23 years...

Sorry, I don't believe this. Not everybody is as talented as Ellie Carter.
It is possible to be single and have children, honest!
"The surrogate voice of st24"

starbuck

Post by starbuck »

Or marry / be in a partnership with someone who already has children!

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Its a shame a report on 50th anniversary of IAT/RIAT only features images of aircraft from the last 15 years when you've received an absolute glut of pics on the "on this date" thread harking back through the Greenham and mega years of Fairford for the last 12 months.

Perhaps a shot of PM631, an Austrian Saab 105, a Hunter reflecting the first North Weald shows, the "lumbering" Bear and those early Czech and Hungarian MiGs, the big Tigermeets of 76 and 91, lines of F-4s, Hercs and tankers, the Gulf stuff, Victory show, etc. At least they talked about them.
"The surrogate voice of st24"

Andyph

Post by Andyph »

capercaillie wrote:
Thu 22 Jul 2021, 5:43 pm
Its a shame a report on 50th anniversary of IAT/RIAT only features images of aircraft from the last 15 years when you've received an absolute glut of pics on the "on this date" thread harking back through the Greenham and mega years of Fairford for the last 12 months.

Perhaps a shot of PM631, an Austrian Saab 105, a Hunter reflecting the first North Weald shows, the "lumbering" Bear and those early Czech and Hungarian MiGs, the big Tigermeets of 76 and 91, lines of F-4s, Hercs and tankers, the Gulf stuff, Victory show, etc. At least they talked about them.
Totally agree - the last of the great Fairford' s I'd suggest was 99 - a pale shadow since them.

Never went to the North Wealds but I prefered Greenham over Fairford - perhaps that a peronal thing as I was seeing many types for the first (and last) time.