Tangerine Fields

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
tornadof3

Tangerine Fields

Post by tornadof3 »

This will be the first time I have camped here - usually do Kempsford etc. Any tips or suggestions for Tangerine fields. Has anyone else camped here and got any reviews?

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Re: Tangerine Fields

Post by Domvickery »

I've stopped at Tangerine fields in 17,18 & 19, I'm in Kempsford this year though

I really enjoyed my stays with them, the staff are ok, the facilities are plentiful, proper toilet blocks & not portaloos, ample amount of showers too.

The usually put on a big tent for evening entertainment & they have a bar & food vendors, I cant comment on those as I usually just drive into Fairford village & buy my evenings food.

My only real gripe & part of the reason I went with Kempsford is not being able to park next to your tent, it may work well at a music festival or such like but RIAT where I like to sit next to my car & use it for power whilst I download my days pictures etc is a faff & having my cameras & laptop parked away from me was really annoying.
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Post by Talldan76 »

I'm also camping in here, arriving on the Friday...

We don't have tickets for the Friday show atm, so any ideas what the photography opportunities like from the official campsite?

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

Talldan76 wrote:
Sat 25 Jun 2022, 11:10 am

We don't have tickets for the Friday show atm, so any ideas what the photography opportunities like from the official campsite?
Pretty rubbish if I’m honest
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Post by Talldan76 »

Domvickery wrote:
Sat 25 Jun 2022, 11:16 am
Talldan76 wrote:

Balls... :joy: :joy:

DaveSmall

Post by DaveSmall »

I am also camping in Tangerine Fields for the first time. Does anyone know if there are battery charging facilities there, electrical sockets etc? My Canon camera simply eats batteries. I can charge two at a time with my inverter, but this means running my car engine for around two hours or more, and of course having to stay with the car while the engine is running.

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Walk down the Pub if there's no mains power! :wink: :innocent:

mavvymoo

Post by mavvymoo »

DaveSmall wrote:
Sat 25 Jun 2022, 11:57 am
I am also camping in Tangerine Fields for the first time. Does anyone know if there are battery charging facilities there, electrical sockets etc? My Canon camera simply eats batteries. I can charge two at a time with my inverter, but this means running my car engine for around two hours or more, and of course having to stay with the car while the engine is running.
Hmmm all these first time campers here must be why I couldn't get in! :smirk: but seeing as how I'm actually a nice guy despite the fact that my posts often attract negative feedback, I'm happy to tell you that the last couple of years before the hiatus they provided a tent with shedloads of sockets that were essentially there for hairdryers etc, but were used as charging points. The downside of course is the risk that they go walkabout, but we never encountered any problems.
Famed for appearing to put my foot in it, read my post with the voice of Stewie Griffin if it offended you first time

mavvymoo

Post by mavvymoo »

Domvickery wrote:
Talldan76 wrote:

To be fair, it's a very short walk down the road to the end of the runway, so there might be some nice shots to be had from there, particularly if they are landing from that end.
Famed for appearing to put my foot in it, read my post with the voice of Stewie Griffin if it offended you first time

Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Post by Talldan76 »

mavvymoo wrote:
Wed 29 Jun 2022, 10:56 am
Domvickery wrote:
Talldan76 wrote:

To be fair, it's a very short walk down the road to the end of the runway, so there might be some nice shots to be had from there, particularly if they are landing from that end.
Surely they would restrict that on the Friday, seeing as it is a show day…