Which Flight Sims?

Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
Unknown74

Which Flight Sims?

Post by Unknown74 »

Hi all, just wondered what the best Flight Sim would be to operate on a LapTop or an I Pad?

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: Which Flight Sims?

Post by Wissam24 »

Given the question, you'll have to be looking toward the lower end of the spectrum as an iPad and (I assume) a normal every day laptop won't be able to run any of the main sims out there. You might be able to get away with FSX on low settings on a laptop but I wouldn't expect so.

For the iPad, the very first result on Google gives this https://apps.apple.com/us/app/x-plane-f ... d566661426
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | "soul-sapping mundanity"

Ant.H

Post by Ant.H »

I've been enjoying FSX on my Acer Aspire 3, runs nicely even without the detail etc settings toned down. I'm on the Steam gaming hub/app thingy so downloaded the main game through there. You can buy additional aircraft from Steam, but there are now a few sites offering extra aircraft for free.

Steam also offer Il2 Sturmovik, lots of fun to be had. Ran well on my previous, even older, laptop but haven't installed it on this one yet.

It all depends what spec/age your laptop is, if your laptop is anything close to the spec of an Aspire 3 then you should be ok.

Paulish

Post by Paulish »

Aerofly fs2 is worth a try as a civilian flight sim. It gives a great frame rate on a modest computer. A version is also available on mobiles and the Mac On the PC it is the best in my view for VR. I am not in any way affiliated to the product and I have tried most of the sims available. The downsides currently are lack of traffic, ATC, dynamic weather and water. The sim is still being developed and there is a very creative community of user developers producing scenery and aircraft.

Paulish

Post by Paulish »

https://www.aerofly.com/

Forgot to add that it currently has four helicopters and seems to be highly rated by heli enthusiasts.

If you’re on steam you can try it on your laptop and get a refund if it is not working right providing you claim the refund within the set time limit.

Paulish

Post by Paulish »

One of my favourite “birds” produced by a very talented member of the Aerofly user community, who subsequently produced a Lynx Mk7 with incredible detail including full start up sequence: