Free online flight Sims?

Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
CJS

Free online flight Sims?

Post by CJS »

Wait, wait, before you (quite rightly) chastise me for mentioning it, can I first just say that I would love to have the time and hardware to justify doing it properly. But I don't. So...

...do any of you know of any half decent free online flight sims which would run ok on a laptop with 12gb ram and an i5 processor?

I literally manage about an hour a week of playing these days, hence it's not worth me splashing out on anything proper.

I've gone down all the usual game site routes but am after something a bit more real and with cockpit or tail view, rather than the side view that most of the ones I've found use. And the shoot em up aspect doesn't appeal either.

Best one I've found is the C-130 simulator as it allows free flight if you choose to ignore the missions. The unity web player rarely seems to work though.

Thanks all for any help

Chris
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: Free online flight Sims?

Post by Wissam24 »

DCS World is free
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

CJS

Post by CJS »

Thanks Sam. Happy Christmas too :-)
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Mfoster

Post by Mfoster »

If you don't mind spending £4 and you have steam, FSX:SE is on sale at the moment.

carl hammond

Post by carl hammond »

Mfoster wrote:If you don't mind spending £4 and you have steam, FSX:SE is on sale at the moment.

Is it any good / worth buying?

Mfoster

Post by Mfoster »

Yeah its basically the same as the original FSX but with the acceleration pack already in there and also it has better multiplayer