DCS Tomcat

Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
Wes_Howes

DCS Tomcat

Post by Wes_Howes »

Well the email came through that pre-order was available and I couldn't resist :joystick: Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: DCS Tomcat

Post by Wissam24 »

Against my principles they've even managed to make me interested in it. Great trailer!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

The trailer was incredible, I wasn't that excited about the Tomcat before seeing it, but now I'am - Heatblur seem to be raising the bar again.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Agg wrote:The trailer was incredible, I wasn't that excited about the Tomcat before seeing it, but now I'am - Heatblur seem to be raising the bar again.

My first thought after seeing the trailer was "DCS doesn't deserve Heatblur". A platform that's so difficult to use for generating missions doesn't deserve something as feature rich as their Tomcat.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

The community A-4 was released yesterday so when we finally get hold of the Tomcat, we can re-enact Maverick and Iceman vs Viper and Jester :grin: :joystick:

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Wes_Howes wrote:The community A-4 was released yesterday so when we finally get hold of the Tomcat, we can re-enact Maverick and Iceman vs Viper and Jester :grin: :joystick:

And then go off and fight the MiG-28s ;)

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Yeah buddy!

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3BLV6M0Jbo[/youtube]

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg. Can't wait to play this, man. It looks sooo sick. Though it's easy to get duped by the trailer and forget that the actual flight sim flying is nothing like that

Danny

Post by Danny »

Just in-case you weren't aware, there's 50% off most modules in the Autumn sale at the moment - happy flying! :joystick:
"Can you believe it? Chelsea will just not let go in the Champions League!"

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

Damn them! :grin: I picked up the Harrier on Saturday, great fun flying it :joystick: Just need to learn how to deploy the A/G weaponry properly as I wasted 12 mk.82s on 4 tanks and didn't hit a sausage :grin:

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

I've no doubt that most will know by now that the Cat is released on Wednesday! :yahoo: :joystick: I really can't wait for this, especially as I pre-ordered it in October :hypno:

Cole

Post by Cole »

Oh My...Its Amazing :love: :love:
Canon 800D & Sigma 150-600 C
Dudley, West Midlands

Shows I'm Attending in 2020:

Well Um..

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Cole wrote:Oh My...Its Amazing :love: :love:

Agreed - it's fantastic, and I'm really happy that Heatblur didn't go down the same path as many of the other DCS developers by releasing a module with just the bare bones features. My squad has a tradition of meeting up and giving new modules a go as they are released, so we spent a few hours with the Cat yesterday, and I have to say I'm in love!

Cole

Post by Cole »

I just need to find myself a RIO, although it is very fun to fly 10ft above the floor and scared the bajesus out of jester :biggrin:
Canon 800D & Sigma 150-600 C
Dudley, West Midlands

Shows I'm Attending in 2020:

Well Um..

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Yeah it's really good fun, especially with a human RIO. Coordinating with someone like that is really awesome, knowing that you've got separate jobs as well and relying on the other to do theirs.