Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
McG

Eurofighter Coming to DCS

Post by McG »

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: Eurofighter Coming to DCS

Post by Wissam24 »

We are thrilled to announce that the Eurofighter Typhoon is on its way to DCS World!

To bring this advanced fighter to DCS, a brand new company, TrueGrit Virtual Technologies has been founded specifically for the challenge. The TrueGrit development team is led by Gero Finke, a highly experienced former Typhoon Instructor Pilot with 15 years experience on type and an additional 10 years as a weapons instructor on the mighty F-4 Phantom – a total of 3’000 hours of military jet flying. Gero was station commander at one of the world’s most famous fighter bases of all time, the 71st Tactical Fighter Wing at Wittmundhaven, Germany, formally known as the Red Baron´s legendary “Jagdgeschwader Richthofen” and Squadron Commander at Jagdgeschwader 73, Steinhoff. Today, Gero’s dev team has substantial programming and design experience. This professionalism combined with Gero’s exceptional active-duty and operational knowledge is very promising for DCS and the future of this exciting new module.

Their 3D designer has a background working with Airbus, Grob, Eurocopter, Luftwaffe and also with Heatblur on their DCS: F-14 project.

The lead coder has had substantial experience with various simulator projects, both in the air and ground combat realm. Two other coders with Ph.D.’s in physics and mathematics will lead the programming of the Typhoon’s extremely complex flight model.

In addition to Gero’s personal input and contribution to this highly detailed simulation, the team has excellent access to a number of Subject Matter Experts such as former instructor pilots, weapon instructors and maintenance personnel.

Quite a pedigree!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Wissam24 wrote:Quite a pedigree!

Indeed! And if it had been anyone other than people with first hand knowledge of the aircraft I think I would have just blown it off as another "VEAO"-type module. I think the external model looks a bit rough, but I'll chalk that up to it being WIP. I'm certainly going to be keeping an eye on this project.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

I just wish the market weren't so heavily skewed toward soulless modern glassfests. I'm still not over the Phantom being sidelined for the....F-16....
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Does DCS have 500 mile sized maps yet?

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

cg_341 wrote:Does DCS have 500 mile sized maps yet?

Yes, you can do 500 mile flights on the Persian Gulf map if you want - don't know why you'd want massive maps though - I dont really see the point in doing a one to one simulation of the part of the mission where nothing happens.