Trumpeter 1/32 Tomcat

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
Fumbles

Trumpeter 1/32 Tomcat

Post by Fumbles »

Hello everyone

These are my first two kits built for 2021. First up Trumpeter's 1/32 F-14B. Built out of the box except for the aftermarket decals of the Black Lions Last Roar. I don't have the room for the wings to always be open in the display case. So I used some sliding RC hinges, the turn out is a little crude but when I need the room. I can fold the wings in and when I have the room hopefully in the future, I'll open the wings and let the flaps drop. Unfortunately the forward slats have to stay open for "Now". I'm trying to figure a way to be able to slide those down and back in. For now the kit is done and packed in the display case. All and all a pretty easy kit to build as it is Trumpeter. But it is massive!

ImageIMGP7911 by Rod McDonough, on Flickr

ImageIMGP7913 by Rod McDonough, on Flickr

ImageIMGP7916 by Rod McDonough, on Flickr

ImageIMGP7920 by Rod McDonough, on Flickr

ImageIMGP7921 by Rod McDonough, on Flickr

ImageIMGP7922 by Rod McDonough, on Flickr

7. The reason I need the wings swept in...
ImageIMGP7934 by Rod McDonough, on Flickr

DerekF

Re: Trumpeter 1/32 Tomcat

Post by DerekF »

Good stuff Rod and nice to see you back on here.

Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

That is a big beauty!

docman

Post by docman »

That really is impressive. What "blue" did you find to match? I've got the Tamiya F-14D with those markings in the pending stash.

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles »

Many thanks for the comments and thank you Derek for the welcome back. I'm trying to get back in here as much as possible. Docman.. That Blue was a hard one to get right. I ended up mixing Tamiya Sky Blue with some Vellejo Model Colour 70.841 Andrea Blue with a hint of Model Colour (Cannot remember what blue) But I used it on a SU-34 a while ago. The mix sure took a few tries to get it right. But I will say.. It gummed up my airbrush rather bad. Thankfully all acrylics so easy to clean. The instructions say a very close match is FS35182 and it is close. But I didn't like it.