Hasegawa 1/72 McDonnell Douglas F-4D Phantom II

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
Seamus

Hasegawa 1/72 McDonnell Douglas F-4D Phantom II

Post by Seamus »

Evening all,

Hot on the heels of the F-111, and continuing with the 48FW theme is the old but gold Hasegawa 1/72 F-4D. I added an Eduard zoom set to jazz up the cockpit whilst the main markings came from an Xtradecal sheet. I bought a Print Scale sheet for the stencils but ended up using the kit decals for those mostly, they performed pretty well apart from the odd one silvering.... Hataka lacquers used as usual, note the sage green in place of the tan except for a patch on the fin- from reading it seems they used a bad batch of tan paint. Certainly makes for a slightly unusual looking Phantom.

ImageHasegawa 1/72 McDonnell Douglas F-4D Phantom II by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageHasegawa 1/72 McDonnell Douglas F-4D Phantom II by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed as always

Shaun
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

FarnboroJohn

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 McDonnell Douglas F-4D Phantom II

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Instant flashback to childhood - passing RAF Lakenheath en route to Wells-next-the-Sea for a cottage holiday with Dad and seeing masses of USAF F-4Ds lined up to our left.... I wasn't a number-cruncher then but begged for a stop and got one just to see such a mass of one type of fast jet.

Well done for picking an evocative subject and as usual great execution! I like the idea of picking a mis-painted aircraft as well, makes your collection more varied and unusual.