Revell Red Arrows Hawk T.1A

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
Micky S

Revell Red Arrows Hawk T.1A

Post by Micky S »

Hello All,

Thought I would post some pictures of my work in progress Hawk of the Red Arrows. Its nearly finished I just need to add the remaining decals and add some finishing touches. The kit has been a joy to build and the parts have joined together lovely. The only issue I had was with the decals which seemed a bit dicey to use. However, this was probably down to me rather than the quality of the decals. I would apprecaite any comments/criticisms and tips if any are forthcoming. I know its not up to the scratch of many builds on here which are simply superb, but I am quite pleased with it and it is the best I have done so far.

Thanks for looking.

Craig
UKAR Staff

Re: Revell Red Arrows Hawk T.1A

Post by Craig »

Nothing wrong with that mate! Looking forward to seeing it with finishing touches added! :rock:

TomTwin

Post by TomTwin »

It looks good, but for some CC I would have to point out the canopy frame would not be red on the inside, but black. All you need to do next time is paint the canopy where the main colour is black first, then paint the main colour over the black. Job done, and it looks so much better! :smile:

Also, I would add a light wash to the airframe. they would only be clean after winter servicing. :smile: Something like paynes grey or Mig black would do.

HTH,

Tom :smile:

RoverDriver

Post by RoverDriver »

Last edited by RoverDriver on Wed 11 Jul 2012, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deacon
UKAR Supporter

Post by Deacon »

Flippin' heck another one!

Keep this up mate and you'll be handed the "Speed Build" crown! :biggrin:

I take it this is the 1:32 kit? I've got one of these to do, but must admit I'd like to make it up as possibly a Saudi Hawk.

Nice job so far. :clap: :clap:

Alan

NIGHTFIGHTER

Post by NIGHTFIGHTER »

Well I must say ive just started this kit, and if mine comes out anywhere near as good as yours ill be happy. Got to take me hat off to anyone doing this kit, as after two hours of putting the cockpit together and primer everything i look at is red (love to get my hands round the neck of the clever muppet who said "let's use RED plastic" :hypno: ) the bit im dreading is the decals, I did a 1/72nd red arrow, paint job perfect, added the decals and yep totally crap (pink decals) so niffed Red Arrow reached sound barrier just before hitting wall.....So hell of job young sir and wish me luck. :clap:

Micky S

Post by Micky S »

Many thanks for the comments Nighthawk. If I have any tips it would be to take your time, especially with the decals. On the whole it was a great kit to build and the part fitment was good. All the best with your build and please post some pictures of your build.