Revell Typhoon 1:32 scale UPDATED 21/9/14

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
Craig

Revell Typhoon 1:32 scale UPDATED 21/9/14

Post by Craig »

Evening gents, started this one this week. Been too dark to take pics after work, but will hopefully get a few of the started kit at the weekend. To date the cockpit is done, the ejector seat is nearly done and the fuselage halves are joined with the spine added. First impressions aren't overly good. The fit around the airbrake and rear of the cockpit is dreadful. Hopefully a bit of filler will sort it, but hardly an auspicious start. Oh well, task for the weekend :smile:

Deacon
UKAR Supporter

Re: Twin engined GB-Revell Typhoon 1:32 scale

Post by Deacon »

Great to have you in on this one mate. :smile:

Craig

Post by Craig »

Right, time for some pics :smile: It's not an easy build this one. I've finished the cockpit, nearly finished the ejector seat and the fuselage is joined up and the wings added. It fits where it touches, and that's not very much. It's had 4 or 5 passes of filler on the spine/airbrake area until I was happy with that, by the looks the wing to fuselage join is going to be no better as after one run over with the filler it's a long way off, and that's a lot of wing to sand! :grin: Anyway, here's the current state of play :smile:

Cockpit done, just needs the coaming and HUD sorting, which is a job for later

Bang seat just needing leg restraints. This is the superb Airies seat but with the Eduard belts.

The overall thing, you can just about see the somewhat large seams down the wing roots after the first lot of filler!

And the gear bays after spraying and a panel wash :smile:

C&C as ever is very welcome!

BFA
UKAR Supporter

Re: Twin engined GB-Revell Typhoon 1:32 scale PICS ADDED 13/

Post by BFA »

Very nice indeed !

Deacon
UKAR Supporter

Post by Deacon »

I love that seat mate. :smile:

Craig

Post by Craig »

Thanks gents :smile: Got a bit further, wing seams are about sorted now, intake mouth has been built and the slats have been added. All being well the major construction won't be far off done by the end of the weekend.

Tug 747
UKAR Moderators

Post by Tug 747 »

Very impressive seat and tub Craig. :clap: :clap: How's this progressing.

Craig

Post by Craig »

Thanks mate :smile: All the major construction is done on it now, the control surfaces have been added and the undercarriage assembled. Just needs detailing before paint (I have the Eduard set) but it's stalled at present, been devoting what time I have to the Canberra. With that nearing completion I'll hopefully be able to crack on with this once more in the next week or so though.

Craig

Re: Twin engined GB-Revell Typhoon 1:32 scale STALLED

Post by Craig »

Well it's the shelf of doom for now for this one I fear. Generally what I start I finish, but at present this is just sucking any enthusiasm out of me. It's had about 30 mins spent on it in the last week and even that was a bind. Time to get on with something more productive and come back to this later. Seems to be something about me and Typhoons, started 4, finished 1 :dizzy: :surrender: I guess I just don't like the Revell kit, despite the plaudits some award it.

Tug 747
UKAR Moderators

Post by Tug 747 »

Craig wrote:Well it's the shelf of doom for now for this one I fear. Generally what I start I finish, but at present this is just sucking any enthusiasm out of me.

That's such a shame Craig after a promising start.

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles »

Well boo! Sorry to hear that this one is going to "That" Shelf... Yeap I know "That" shelf.... I think we all have one.. I dread to look at mine. :lol: Ahh well hopefully you'll pick this one up again sometime. You had a good looking start on it.

Craig

Post by Craig »

This has been retrieved from the "shelf of doom" and a bit of work done this weekend :smile: All seams are now tidied up, the etch is all added on the main fuselage and a start has been made on the undercarriage doors. I'm setting myself the deadline of having this completed by the craft fair here in September. If I can get the fuselage done and get some paint on this will hopefully prop up the enthusiasm for dealing with the somewhat trickier exhausts and undercarriage. It's a theory, but the important thing is some more work has been done! :yahoo:

Deacon
UKAR Supporter

Post by Deacon »

Piccies mate, I need piccies! :wink:

Craig

Re: Revell Typhoon 1:32 scale UPDATED 21/9/14

Post by Craig »

Well life has got in the way big time with this one, I've moved it from the GB section as it's so late it's ridiculous.

It does now have paint on though, and the main airframe has been "Kleared" ready for decals. Just the weapons, pylons, exhausts, FOD covers, canopy and gear doors to sort then, along with a myriad of small details...

Thanks for looking, C&C as ever very welcome... :smile:

andyroot

Post by andyroot »

That seat is a work of art! I didn't know there was a 1/32 typhoon on sale, I might have to get one.

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles »

ahh there it is.... The build looks real good Craig. Once you get some decals on this build, you'll have a winning build.

Craig

Post by Craig »

And another setback :sad:

Put the custom decals for the crests and code letters on and they've yellowed badly. Add to the very thick carrier film (you could actually feel the square of decal film-they looked like stickers :sad: ) and it's been back to the drawing board. Have damaged the paint getting them off so will require a bit of a touch up, but the bigger problem is I'm now decal-less again, and with no 1435 flight decals in 1:32 on the horizon. Really not sure where to go here. :surrender: :wall:

Deacon
UKAR Supporter

Post by Deacon »

That's too bad mate. :sad:

Anything we can do, just give us a shout.

Craig

Post by Craig »

Deacon wrote:That's too bad mate. :sad:

Anything we can do, just give us a shout.

Cheers mate, investigating a mask/decal option, see where we go this time. Turning into a bit of a saga now. Looking at the stash for what I could do instead but nothing that really grabs me that I have all the aftermarket for. There's a shipment on its way though so hopefully in a week or so :smile: