Matchbox Armstrong Whitworth Siskin IIIA

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
Deacon
UKAR Supporter

Matchbox Armstrong Whitworth Siskin IIIA

Post by Deacon »

Really enjoyed this build. A bit of nostalgia buiding Matchbox again.

Last edited by Deacon on Wed 10 Dec 2014, 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Craig

Re: Matchbox Armstrongg Whitworth Siskin IIIA

Post by Craig »

Very nice mate and good work with the rigging! Nice to see you building something with wings again!

DanO1978

Post by DanO1978 »

People can be pretty snobbish about those old Matchbox kits, when with a little effort and skill, we can see they don't turn out half-bad.

Think I must have built most of the range back in the day, when these kits were a whopping 99p each at our local toyshop. Never built the Siskin though. Did many Seafoxes, Corsairs and HueyCobras though!

Deacon
UKAR Supporter

Post by Deacon »

DanO1978 wrote:People can be pretty snobbish about those old Matchbox kits, when with a little effort and skill, we can see they don't turn out half-bad.

Think I must have built most of the range back in the day, when these kits were a whopping 99p each at our local toyshop. Never built the Siskin though. Did many Seafoxes, Corsairs and HueyCobras though!

I must confess making a few of them now they are really fun builds. I don't know whether it's the nostalgia from when I was a kid, but building these really gives the mojo a buzz. :smile:

st24

Re: Matchbox Armstrong Whitworth Siskin IIIA

Post by st24 »

Matchbox at their best - giving a cheap, easy to build type not touched by any of the other major manufacturers too busy concentrating on Spitfires, Phantoms and F-16s. A great little model and as has been said, with a bit of effort most Matchbox rarities can be made to look good like this one. :clap:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!