1:32 Huey

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
ZRX61

1:32 Huey

Post by ZRX61 »

Most messed up kit I've ever seen (Revell). Cabin is an H model, armament is from a B & it's described as a D...

First model I've attempted in at least 45 years. This is going to be an adventure or a complete cluster. Apparently there's a bunch more to putting these together than there was when I was a kid. :dunno:

Bought it last weekend, been putting some tools etc together this week. Yay! I get to fill another toolbox :yahoo: Visits to Hobby Lobby & Horrible Fright on the itinerary this weekend.

Edit:
Well damn, working on real aircraft is a lot easier. No assembly yet, but some painting has been done. The quality of this kit is severely lacking. Getting a real education in scale modelling, now I know why Tamiya kits are a bit more spendy.
Also learned that some paints are way better than others, even from the same company/series. Some parts need one coat, others need four.
I'm also going *off script* by painting it the same as the one a friend flew with the 129AHC in Vietnam, but it's different to how 129th Huey #509 is painted in the UK.

ZRX61

Re: 1:32 Huey

Post by ZRX61 »

Slow progress, not actually glued together yet... won't let me post pics.