Lockdown Build thread

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
ArabJazzie

Re: Lockdown Build thread

Post by ArabJazzie »

Hello again all,
If it wasnt for having to use up annual leave, i should have returned to normal shifts at work today, so i should really bring this thread up to date now that my lockdown is essentially over. Part of the reason for a delay is, in the missing 2 months, my wife and i have been getting out and about around Scotland as much as we could, and playing Fortnite with the kids! :joy:

Having had a paint disaster in my last post, the focus of this one is how that paint was removed. I couldnt find my Mr Muscle, so it was onto the WWW and found a thread on Britmodeller where one person mentioned Home Strip Paint and Varnish Remover, so some of that was purchased and applied.

Off came the paint after 2 sessions, a wee bit of a scrape in places, followed by an attack with a fine sanding pad and we are now left with this.

Fingers crossed for some primer getting thrown about tomorrow, but i really have to catch up with car jobs that have been put off.
Stay Safe,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!

Georgeconna

Re: Lockdown Build thread

Post by Georgeconna »

ArabJazzie wrote:
Sun 21 Jun 2020, 3:54 pm
Hello again everyone,
I am calling Spitfire FR.XIVe MV363/N of 11sqn RAF Seletar Singapore as done now, but its far from one of my best.

After construction was complete, it really started putting up a fight through the painting process, especially after clear was added. It is the first time though that i have used a matt varnish, in this case Alclad Aqua Matt that i have had for years, although it still feels tacky now and again.
Stay Safe,
Geoff.
Geoff,

The Alclad matt Cote takes ages to harden an keeps tacky whilst drying, the Spit looks very nice BTW!
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.