My Models so far under current lockdown

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
ExVulcanGC

My Models so far under current lockdown

Post by ExVulcanGC »

My attempt at the 208 Squadron Hawker Hunter XE643 at RAF Eastleigh, although the accident report states it was at Mombasa Airport. The nose emblem was copied and printed on thin paper and stuck on, I decided that £25.00 for some old decals was a tad much considering I only wanted two off the sheet. I did the same with the tail letter K and aircraft number as no one had those:

Image20200505_150344 by Michael Haines, on Flickr

Image20200406_150230 by Michael Haines, on Flickr

I also had a go at a sort of diorama with the Hawk, I found a picture that had a hawk flying low level and using the photo software I have I removed the one from the picture and then printed it to scale for the model and mounted the 1/72 model using clear rod stuck in the Jet pipe:

Image20200329_152234 by Michael Haines, on Flickr

I will complete the 1/48 Jet Provost Mk T5A from 1970 at RAF Cranwell next, and then getting to grips with the 1/24 Spitfire VB of Jan Eugeniusz Ludwig Zumbach, it will be nice to work on something where the bits are not so small that I lose them quite easily.
Last edited by ExVulcanGC on Thu 07 May 2020, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

ExVulcanGC

Re: My Models so far under current lockdown

Post by ExVulcanGC »

I previewed the post several times and the pictures were there, came back to the site after logging off, twice, and the pictures still showed now they do not, any clue as to why they would suddenly disappear, they are linked to Google photos and I followed the instructions on linking to the pictures held there.

Added that I have now opened the site up through Google Chrome and they are there, but no longer in MS Edge. :sad:

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

Who are you using to host your photos?
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

ExVulcanGC

Post by ExVulcanGC »

Google photos, it would appear that the pictures now only appear when you open UKAR in Google Chrome.

Ant.H

Post by Ant.H »

I'm using Chrome and unfortunately the pics aren't showing, just an "Image" icon.

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

Ant.H wrote:
Wed 06 May 2020, 7:28 am
I'm using Chrome and unfortunately the pics aren't showing, just an "Image" icon.
Me too :sad:

ExVulcanGC

Post by ExVulcanGC »

What free image hosting sites do others use and I might try again, I don't use Photobucket anymore.

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

I bit the bullet and now use Flickr. IMHO for the modest cost if feel it's worth it, and several lightyears better than Photobucket.

Andy

ExVulcanGC

Post by ExVulcanGC »

Thanks Blackbird (Andy), the amount I will use the free version should work and will give it a go later,

regards Mick

ExVulcanGC

Post by ExVulcanGC »

Just edited original post and it is working intermittently using Flickr, do not know how to remove name from the link either, must be getting to old for these new fangled ideas :sad:

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

I can see them now - thanks.

Andy