Kitty Hawk's 1/48 Jaguar Gr Mk1

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
ianf

Kitty Hawk's 1/48 Jaguar Gr Mk1

Post by ianf »

This one was on my build table, I was a little wary after others comments on Kitty Hawk kits. Sadly they were not wrong. Although the quality looks good the was many fit issues. The instruction sheet was a mess it even include 2 addendum sheets, because the original missed 2 assemble sections off!

If I was telling some one else what to do I would recommend 1st you go through the kit and remove all the items you don't use on the choice you build. This has been the subject of other versions and has a confusing amount of extras. Also make sure you have reference work, because at times I did not know what the right location was for some parts.

Lastly the weapons supplied are quite varied, but I was building the Gulf version and what the kit supplies doesn't go on a gulf aircraft. In fact the only Kit weapon/sensor was the Phimat pod. I raided my spares box for the bombs and the ALQ 101 jamming pod.

In the end it turned out better than I thought. But I hope my next build is a little less stressful! One thing I do need to improve on is my photography of the kits, Looking at the pics the paint looks thick and uneven It isn't ! That is something I do need to improve on.
Victor XL231 Lusty Lindy, crew chief.
Our face book page. https://www.facebook.com/LustyLindy231/?ref=bookmarks

Ant.H

Re: Kitty Hawk's 1/48 Jaguar Gr Mk1

Post by Ant.H »

Ten out of ten for perseverance, a silk purse from a sow's ear.