Trumpeter 1/72 Republic F-105G Thunderchief

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
Seamus

Trumpeter 1/72 Republic F-105G Thunderchief

Post by Seamus »

Morning all,

Bringing my Century Series theme to 5/6 completion is Trumpeter's very nice 1/72 Thud. Finished as an F-105G Wild Weasel completely OOB, except for the stars and bars which were poorly printed and needed replacing with some spare ones. A very nice kit with no major fit issues at all. Research revealed that the suggested loadouts of twin AIM-54s on each outboard pylon was never carried, so I modified the launchers to carry a single Shrike and go for the more conventional WW loadout used- not 100% accurate but it passes! Painted with Hataka Orange Line and Alclad for the metallics as always.

ImageTrumpeter 1/72 Republic F-105G Thunderchief by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed as always

Shaun
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

Ant.H

Re: Trumpeter 1/72 Republic F-105G Thunderchief

Post by Ant.H »

Very nice Shaun, great rivet/panel line shading. Was this pre-shading and/or a wash?

Seamus

Post by Seamus »

Thanks Ant. It's actually a combination of post shading and a wash. I never apply a preshade, preferring to lay down a base coat of the colour before lightening the colour and shading using a random, tight pattern, effectively mottling the scheme I suppose. A neutral wash brings out the panel details without being too light in the dark colours and vice versa ad complements the shading. It's more artistic than realistic I suppose, but its a method that I like :)
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

Ant.H

Post by Ant.H »

Thanks Sean, call it artistic or whatever you like, it's certainly very effective!