Trumpeter 1/72 North American F-100D Super Sabre

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
Seamus

Trumpeter 1/72 North American F-100D Super Sabre

Post by Seamus »

Evening all,

It's four down, one to go for my 48FW theme build, following the completion of this Trumpeter 1/72 F-100D. My second Super Sabre of the year, it was just as largely trouble free as the first with no real pitfalls as far as fit is concerned. I added an Aires exhaust I found in the stash whilst the decals are from an Xtradecal sheet- I believe the gate guard at RAF Lakenheath wears the same markings. Finished using Alclads mostly- I used dull aluminium to represent the silver paint used on the bulk of the airframe, with the centre panels of the wings and tailplane sprayed in a slightly darkened tone. The exhaust area was finished in a range of metallic and hot metal colours over an aluminium base. Much happier with the results here compared to my previous build.

ImageTrumpeter 1/72 F-100D Super Sabre by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

All that remains to complete the project is a GWH F-15C....

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed as always

Shaun
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

Logster

Re: Trumpeter 1/72 North American F-100D Super Sabre

Post by Logster »

Lovely model. I am forever impressed by the rate at which you finish them and the quality you achieve. I tend to get stuck on the same one fro ages. Just tried hataka orange line though - what a pleasure to paint with! Will be moving gradually over to them form acrylics.

Seamus

Re: Trumpeter 1/72 North American F-100D Super Sabre

Post by Seamus »

Thanks chap, much appreciated. Switching to Hataka is the main reason for my increase in productivity- I can now paint an entire model in a day or two rather than a week or two when I was using enamels. They're a revelation! The only slight weakness I've found is they can lift with masking tape when applied to bare plastic, but it's simple enough to prime everything to negate that.
My shots on Flickr and Airliners