Flying schedule of old shows ('78, '80 and '82)

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
RichardF

Flying schedule of old shows ('78, '80 and '82)

Post by RichardF »

Hi,

I'm trying to get my old photos of Farnborough visits in order, across multiple films. It would be very helpful to know the flying schedules for these shows. I, of course, bought the programmes, but all of my old airshow programmes have gone missing after several house moves.

If anybody has access to the flight schedule for the 1978 (8 Sep), 1980 (2 Sep) and 1982 (8 Sep) shows, I would be most grateful.

Thanks,
Richard Francis

Professor_M

Re: Flying schedule of old shows ('78, '80 and '82)

Post by Professor_M »

RichardF wrote:
Mon 19 Sep 2022, 3:11 pm
Hi,

I'm trying to get my old photos of Farnborough visits in order, across multiple films. It would be very helpful to know the flying schedules for these shows. I, of course, bought the programmes, but all of my old airshow programmes have gone missing after several house moves.

If anybody has access to the flight schedule for the 1978 (8 Sep), 1980 (2 Sep) and 1982 (8 Sep) shows, I would be most grateful.

Thanks,
Richard Francis
I'm afraid I can't help you with the programmes, but would https://www.scramble.nl/database/show-r ... ed-kingdom help? (Scroll down to Farnborough and 1978, 1980 and 1982 participants can be found.)

RichardF

Post by RichardF »

Thanks for that. It's interesting but doesn't really help. The entries are in quasi-alphabetical order and don't distinguish flying from static exhibits. So it's not really useful to try to get my photos in the right order.

Thanks anyway!
Richard

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

I think it will be very fortunate if someone has day by day flying schedules - the programmes of the time didn't have them. Instead they had a list of items on the list to fly at some point in the week in no particular order.

I do have the book '40 Years at Farnborough' which has checklists for each event, and identifies flyers and static, although its for the week as a whole rather than one specific day. I've that's of use Richard, drop me a Private Message and you're welcome to copies of those checklists.

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

The Farnborough International Airshow 2024 will be held on 22nd - 26th July according to British Airshows

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Maybe it can help if you look if you have a display at the end of one film and the same display at the start of another one? Then at least the films are in consequent order. Then, do you still have the negatives of the film? All shots must be numbered at those.

Good luck, I have to do the same with all shows I visited since Cambray 2003 (I think) until I went digital (I was one of the last, when I shot my last analogue picture people that were there too didn't remember that film used to be winded back and got scared by that sound) but at least the pics are stored film by film in some kind of chronicle order (and all negatives with them)...
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

RichardF

Post by RichardF »

Sorry for the delayed reply -- I've been away.

I have a mix of negatives and slides, but mostly I shot Kodachrome so the slides are also numbered. Even for the other films, like Agfa, I've opened the mounts to find the numbers. So relative numbering is OK, but I used many rolls of film each time and it's not always clear which frames are from the same film.

I have looked for all sorts of clues on sequencing, including aircraft to aircraft.

I actually have hundreds of films, and have digitised over 400 so far. Mine date back to the late 60's, and I also have my Dad's, which go back to the 50's.

I did have them well organised as you do, but chaotic family events and many moves rather wrecked my organisation. So now I'm trying to piece things together a bit.

stickshaker

Post by stickshaker »

Not sure this is any more help, but it is another source of info: http://farnboroughspotter.weebly.com/airshows.html