Departures questions

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Andyph

Re: Departures questions

Post by Andyph »

And rotation shots of loaded Jags from PV West!

stealth117

Post by stealth117 »

I may have overlooked the information somewhere but does anyone know how much tickets are on the day for departures? It just says sold out on the website.

Thanks

stevebrodie

Post by stevebrodie »

stealth117 wrote:
Sat 09 Jul 2022, 9:36 pm
I may have overlooked the information somewhere but does anyone know how much tickets are on the day for departures? It just says sold out on the website.

Thanks
I was wondering that as well, left it to late this year, so will be in the 'ticket' queue at stupid o'clock, staying at Totters so only 10mins away, another 5.30 start it is !
Viper: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees

FGR2

Post by FGR2 »

I missed out on advanced tickets so will be in the queue too.

stealth117

Post by stealth117 »

stevebrodie wrote:
Mon 11 Jul 2022, 2:58 pm
stealth117 wrote:

Thanks
I was wondering that as well, left it to late this year, so will be in the 'ticket' queue at stupid o'clock, staying at Totters so only 10mins away, another 5.30 start it is !

We stayed at totterdown too and left it until around 8-45am to arrive at p&v west today, mainly as we knew the airfield didn't open until around 9am and we didn't fancy a very early start. We had no problem getting in and the ticket was £25 for anyone interested. Do they ever actually shut the gates and state they are at full capacity? Just i have been a few years and never had a problem getting in. Maybe it has happened previously but todays weather put people off attending?
I will say the west end is alot more relaxed than east but i dont get why people on 6ft ladders are allowed to stand right up at the front row? I get it, they got there earlier than me/everyone else ect but why block everyone elses view when you can see over the crowd line fencing without the steps? Very selfish behaviour and i imagine they would have got the pictures they were after if they had been a few meters back from the front anyway. That being said, i still had an enjoyable day and managed to find some gaps to get pictures which i couldn't do at p&v east when i have been in there in the past so will definitely go back in west.

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Bring back the grandstand at P&V East and ban ladders.
Got to love Russianhardware

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq »

stealth117 wrote:
Mon 18 Jul 2022, 7:52 pm
stevebrodie wrote:
Mon 11 Jul 2022, 2:58 pm
stealth117 wrote:

Thanks

We stayed at totterdown too and left it until around 8-45am to arrive at p&v west today, mainly as we knew the airfield didn't open until around 9am and we didn't fancy a very early start. We had no problem getting in and the ticket was £25 for anyone interested. Do they ever actually shut the gates and state they are at full capacity? Just i have been a few years and never had a problem getting in. Maybe it has happened previously but todays weather put people off attending?
I will say the west end is alot more relaxed than east but i dont get why people on 6ft ladders are allowed to stand right up at the front row? I get it, they got there earlier than me/everyone else ect but why block everyone elses view when you can see over the crowd line fencing without the steps? Very selfish behaviour and i imagine they would have got the pictures they were after if they had been a few meters back from the front anyway. That being said, i still had an enjoyable day and managed to find some gaps to get pictures which i couldn't do at p&v east when i have been in there in the past so will definitely go back in west.
I am not sure what you mean by your comment about ladders down at the front in P&V West. I was in there all day and the only ladders I saw down the front were in the ladder section where they are supposed to be, on the left hand side as you look at the airfield.

stealth117

Post by stealth117 »

My mistake on this one then as we went pretty much all the way to the left but we didn't realise it was a dedicated ladder section as i hadn't seen any signs or a fenced in area like there was at the east end when i went in there. As i said where i was wasn't too bad and you could still manage pictures fairly well but yes there was just the odd numpty with a 6ft+ ladder set up right near the front which in my opinion is just ignorance or selfishness as they could have stood back a good way and still got the pictures they wanted. Also like i said before im aware i could have got up at the crack of dawn to get front row but couldn't be bothered to be honest and i did really still enjoy it, will definitely head inside that end for departures next year as its so much more relaxed than east👍

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

The only numpty is the person who, having been told it was a ladder section, continues to complain at people using ladders there. 🤦

stealth117

Post by stealth117 »

As i said it wasn't clear when we went inside that i was in the ladder section, there wasn't anywhere near the amount of ladders in west as there is at east so i just assumed you could use them in the entire enclosure. I genuinely didn't see any signs anywhere so i apologise for that but it was very clear when i went in east last time that there was a dedicated stepladder area as it was well signed and fenced off.
So what you are saying is it makes sense to you to use a 6ft+ ladder right at the 3ft fence that you can see straight over/lean on? If you read all my previous post i said i did still enjoy it overall and will go again. I now know its a ladder section that end so will know for next time.
Thanks for stating that im a numpty, much appreciated 👍