Dunsfold

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Professor_M

Dunsfold

Post by Professor_M »

Does anyone now the latest on Dunsfold's future?

There are reports that the planned sale to a US investment firm fell through (https://destinationcranleigh.net/dunsfo ... -collapse/). The airfield seems to get very few movements but Aviation Filming/Aces high still seem to be busy filming (An-12 visited back in February and their twitter seems to show lots of filming going on) and someone felt it viable to land two 747s there in the past two years.

For how much longer will Dunsfold have flying activity? How much longer until the site is finally built upon?

CJS

Re: Dunsfold

Post by CJS »

My dad knows a bloke who knows a bloke who knows the bloke who does stuff there. I'll ask him and get back to you.

I do know that aside from those you mentioned there's barely been any aircraft in or out for several years now.

I once enjoyed an ear-bleeding school visit there in about 1987/8 to watch the Harriers.
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Zoom

Post by Zoom »

Building effectively a new town in the area was always a crazy idea, on the border of 3 large councils none of which had the schools and health / public services to support it. There was a pipedream of it becoming a sort of Venice due to the nearby Wey and Arun canal but that's also being restored at a snail's pace.

Also no public transport to speak of one bus an hour between Horsham and Guildford.

Professor_M

Post by Professor_M »

G-ETPF (ETPS H125) is at Dunsfold this afternoon.

EGLL

Post by EGLL »

A new road from the perimeter to the centre of the airfield is currently under construction.