Vintage Airshow September 4th

Discussion forum for all things Shuttleworth
WJ244

Re: Vintage Airshow September 4th

Post by WJ244 »

DOUGHNUT wrote:
Thu 15 Sep 2022, 7:24 am
WJ244, well said and I agree with your comments. Can a suggest that you repost your comments directly to the Shuttleworth Collection. The new management are hell bent on making changes, not all of which are welcome.
I exchanged 3 emails with Storme O'Hara at Shuttleworth on the Tuesday after the display and the impression I get is that she seems to believe that the changes are improving the visitor experience and she seems hell bent on keeping the changes.
I did point out that, from conversations I had with others, during and after the display, the changes appear to be alienating many of the long standing regular supporters but she replied that she had received positive feedback so I assume that she thinks I am wrong.

Rising prices and interest rates are going to hit many families hard and no doubt one of the first things they will cut back on will be days out so Shuttleworth will rely more than ever on getting the regular visitors through the gates to keep the money coming in making it a particularly bad time to be meddling with a format that has been very successful for decades. There was an old aircraft restorer in the USA who used to work on a principle that Shuttleworth's current management would do well to adopt "Don't fix what ain't broke".

I love Old Warden. It is a unique place but the new parking arrangements make visits a painful and unpleasant experience due to my mobility problems so I am very sad to say that 4th Sept was my last visit unless the situation changes.

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

If you still wish to see the flying displays at Shuttleworth then try going to the Village/Cricket Green at Ickwell.
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

WJ244

Post by WJ244 »

Thanks I will bear that in mind although I would far sooner be able to enjoy the display from the airfield and pay my admission to help keep Old warden running.

Orion

Post by Orion »

WJ244 wrote:
Thu 15 Sep 2022, 11:57 am
DOUGHNUT wrote:
Thu 15 Sep 2022, 7:24 am
WJ244, well said and I agree with your comments. Can a suggest that you repost your comments directly to the Shuttleworth Collection. The new management are hell bent on making changes, not all of which are welcome.
I exchanged 3 emails with Storme O'Hara at Shuttleworth on the Tuesday after the display and the impression I get is that she seems to believe that the changes are improving the visitor experience and she seems hell bent on keeping the changes.
I did point out that, from conversations I had with others, during and after the display, the changes appear to be alienating many of the long standing regular supporters but she replied that she had received positive feedback so I assume that she thinks I am wrong.

Rising prices and interest rates are going to hit many families hard and no doubt one of the first things they will cut back on will be days out so Shuttleworth will rely more than ever on getting the regular visitors through the gates to keep the money coming in making it a particularly bad time to be meddling with a format that has been very successful for decades. There was an old aircraft restorer in the USA who used to work on a principle that Shuttleworth's current management would do well to adopt "Don't fix what ain't broke".

I love Old Warden. It is a unique place but the new parking arrangements make visits a painful and unpleasant experience due to my mobility problems so I am very sad to say that 4th Sept was my last visit unless the situation changes.
I suspect the lady's priority is building a career CV

WJ244

Post by WJ244 »

Saw plenty of people with similar attitudes when I worked for the government. they were all convinced that they had to make radical changes to get noticed and boost their career and all thought they knew better than those who had been doing the job for years. They all got moved from post to post fairly quickly where they did exactly the same again. Once they had run out of options they moved on to another employer and continued with their attempts to build a career until they ran out of options yet again but they never learnt the error of their ways and left chaos in their wake.