Combat Aircraft Monthly - August 2010

News about 'Aircraft' and 'Combat Aircraft' magazines
Aviacom

Combat Aircraft Monthly - August 2010

Post by Aviacom »

Hi guys,

This month's Combat Aircraft has hit the streets.

It's a USAF special edition and the contents are as follows:

Vol 11, No 8
August 2010

FREE SUPPLEMENT
USAF 2010
Your exclusive Combat Aircraft Monthly guide to the USAF today
Order of Battle • Comprehensive force rundown • Procurement plans

6 World News
First Lockheed Martin F-35C flies • RAF braces for more cutbacks • Australian Super Hornet action • Boeing joins AgustaWestland for Presidential Helicopter competition • Indian Flanker upgrades

PLUS! A special report on the ILA Airshow in Berlin and farewell to Finland’s Mi-8 ‘Hips’

25 Front Line
Our hard-hitting regular column by Robert F. Dorr

26 Bagram Superbase
Bagram Airfield is the major center for US air operations in Afghanistan. Earlier this year Neil Dunridge visited the 455th AEW — one of two USAF Air Expeditionary Wings in Afghanistan — to talk to crews from the units deployed there

34 ‘STAREX’ 2010
Decimomannu air base was host to ‘Starex’ 2010, the main Italian AF training exercise for 2010, as Giovanni Colla reports from the Mediterranean island of Sardinia

36 ‘LOAD DIFFUSER’
Combat Aircraft heads to Hungary as the Ohio Air National Guard’s 178th Fighter Wing deploys its F-16s abroad one last time. Zord Gábor László reports from Kecskemét

38 Bad Company
The Hellenic Army recently accepted AH-64DHA Longbow Apaches into its inventory. Ioannis Lekkas enjoys unprecedented access to capture spectacular photographs of the Greek Apaches in action

46 Israeli Air and Space Force 2010
Ofer Zidon lifts the lid on one of the world’s most advanced yet secretive air arms, with a comprehensive review of Israel’s military airpower

56 NATO’s Flying Saucers
The NATO Airborne Early Warning & Control Force operates the E-3A AWACS in a diversity of roles. To meet its commitments, it has introduced a number of upgrades, as Frank Crébas discovers

62 Trainer with Teeth
As it makes its high-profile public debut at Farnborough airshow, Robert F. Dorr details the latest developments for the Hawker Beechcraft AT-6B Texan II

68 ‘Deuce’ in Vietnam
The F-102 Delta Dagger’s participation in the Vietnam War is sometimes forgotten, but the 509th Fighter Interceptor Squadron deployed its ‘Deuces’ to South-east Asia in the early 1960s. The unit became the first USAF fighter squadron to send aircraft to participate in the fledgling Vietnam War, as Warren E. Thompson explains

74 Crewroom
Our regular interactive feature with product reviews and competitions

78 Long live the Huey
Ted Carlson flies with the USAF’s TH-1H Huey IIs and gains an insight into the training operations of these upgraded workhorses

Sea King

Re: Combat Aircraft Monthly - August 2010

Post by Sea King »

Picked this up in Birmingham airport, whilst waiting for a flight out of the UK. Got to say, I'm thoroughly impressed and will be subscribing to this magazine once I return. Only problem was my free supplement wasn't inside, I can only assume someone decided to take the free supplement and not the whole magazine. :sad:

Aviacom

Post by Aviacom »

Sea King,
thanks for the nice comments.
If you email me direct via my address in the front of the mag I'll send you a free copy of the supplement. Sorry some kind soul had taken it!
Best regards
Jamie

Mad Dan

Post by Mad Dan »

I have the free supplement, but am missing the magazine due to an unfortunate misunderstanding.

Could you send me a copy, Mr Hunter?

And no, I wasn't in Birmingham at the time this offence was committed!
I am not a loony... I used to be, but I think I am better now...

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

I have the staples but sadly I am missing both the magazine and free supplement, how anyone could leave four staples on the shelf having removed only the pages I just don't know.

Please Mr Hunter could you send me a free magazine and supplement unbound so I can reunite the said staples. :biggrin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Sea King

Post by Sea King »

Than
Aviacom wrote:Sea King,
thanks for the nice comments.
If you email me direct via my address in the front of the mag I'll send you a free copy of the supplement. Sorry some kind soul had taken it!
Best regards
Jamie

Not to worry. I was able to pick up the free supplement in question on my return to the UK from WHSmiths -- they were happy to give it to me, after I'd produced the receipt and magazine.

Shame about the other posters on here replying with illegitimate claims -- they look silly! :biggrin:
Last edited by Sea King on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mad Dan

Post by Mad Dan »

Dear, sweet, kind, generous Hawker Hunter: A friend of mine has some cellophane that he says the people in the shop from whence he obtained it for only a modest sum of money assured him that it was used to wrap a copy of the latest issue of Combat Aircraft Monthly, although judging by the amount of mayonnaise smeared on the inside, I think they might have been telling him porkies. Anyway, on the strength of this, I was wondering if you might possibly agree to supplying him with a copy of the latest edition - including the USAF supplement. He has intimated to me that he would be more than happy to provide his own staples, if the budget doesn't extend that far.

And let's have no more slurs casting aspersions on my parentage, please... It's bad enough going through life with a name like mine!!!
I am not a loony... I used to be, but I think I am better now...