Combat Aircraft issue 10.2 Apr-May 09

News about 'Aircraft' and 'Combat Aircraft' magazines
Aviacom

Combat Aircraft issue 10.2 Apr-May 09

Post by Aviacom »

Hi everyone,

The new issue of Combat Aircraft hits the streets this week in the UK and Europe. Subscribers should be receiving their copies in the post today.
This issue is absolutely packed with features and specials.
Firstly, we have an amazing new subscription offer for readers - a free DVD box set of the Canadian series 'Jetstream'.
Quite simply, this is some of the best aerial footage I have ever seen. The 8 part series of 1-hour programmes showcases CF-188 training in the Canadian AF. The filming is amazing, the details of the course and the individuals involved makes for compelling viewing. I heartily recommend it.
For UK and Europe customers we also have a free NATO 60th anniversary poster.

Contents of the magazine are as follows:
News from around the Globe, including news specials on the future of USAF Air Force One, and latest Iranian AF (IRIAF) updates, including a new blue/grey camouflage RF-4E and F-14 and F-4E air-to-air shots. Plus Aero India.

Main features:
Testing the Typhoon - Sqn Ldr Andy Millikin talks about testing the RAF Typhoon.
Last of the F-111s - they've just been to Red Flag for the last time - Nigel Pittaway details the planned last year for RAAF F-111s.
Jammin' with the Growler - a world-exclusive for us. I visited VX-31 late last year to fly with the EA-18G.
US Navy Air Power 2009 - The famous CA rundown of the US Navy units, bases and aircraft by Tom Kaminski.
The Viking's Last War - Tony Holmes bids farewell to the S-3.
Argentine Air Power - Santiago Rivas and Juan Carlos Cicalesi give an incredible insight into this Latin American air arm.
Century Series - F-106 Delta Dart - Quite frankly, one of the best aviation articles I have ever read! Col Jack Broughton talks about his association with the Dart.
Close Support - French Style - Henri-Pierre Grolleau details French AF battlefield support - Mirage F1-style!

Plus all the usual reviews including another world exclusive!
Jay Slater reveals first information about Ubisoft's H.A.W.X flight simulator.

I hope you like the issue!
Jamie

APG

Re: Combat Aircraft issue 10.2 Apr-May 09

Post by APG »

The photography in the Growler article is superb, well done JH :clap: