Yeovilton Air Day 2016

Discuss the Fleet Air Arm's two major air displays
SWATCO

Re: Yeovilton Air Day 2016

Post by SWATCO »

Anyone know where I can find the bus timetables for this year? Hoping to get the first one from the Bus station.

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Post by itfcscott »

StuWeston wrote:Anyone know where I can find the bus timetables for this year? Hoping to get the first one from the Bus station.

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/~/media/roy ... etable.pdf

:biggrin:

ted633

Post by ted633 »

Hifonics wrote:I am a bit worried about the forecast at the moment on the Met Office site. Looking like rain and wind :(

Only showing light showers, whilst the text forecast says they will be isolated with long sunny spells around. As for the wind, its going to be blowing straight down the runway, so no issues there. Couple of days left yet for it to improve. (yes, i'm an optimist!)

SWATCO

Post by SWATCO »

itfcscott wrote:
StuWeston wrote:Anyone know where I can find the bus timetables for this year? Hoping to get the first one from the Bus station.

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/~/media/roy ... etable.pdf

:biggrin:

Brilliant, thanks Scott!

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

ted633 wrote:
Hifonics wrote:I am a bit worried about the forecast at the moment on the Met Office site. Looking like rain and wind :(

Only showing light showers, whilst the text forecast says they will be isolated with long sunny spells around. As for the wind, its going to be blowing straight down the runway, so no issues there. Couple of days left yet for it to improve. (yes, i'm an optimist!)

Glad to see others favour the 'glass half full' way of looking at the world, as you say plenty of time for it to improve but even if their current forecast remains I don't mind a few light showers between long sunny spells :smile: would have killed for a refreshing light shower back in 2013 :lol:

RichPittman
UKAR Staff

Post by RichPittman »

2 wildcat, 5 Merlin and a AH64 have just whipped the Yeovil population into a frenzy, fever pitch ahead of the Air day by doing a fly through over the Town :yahoo: :rock: :biggrin: :clap: :hypno:
Always remember "If you cannot turn tight...you cannot fight!"

RichPittman
UKAR Staff

Post by RichPittman »

Typhoon just beating it about to the North of Yeovil :rock:
Always remember "If you cannot turn tight...you cannot fight!"

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

Looks like the Red Arrows are basing out of Cardiff, display is due at 13:00

techniquest

Post by techniquest »

Does anyone have a list of times of the flying display for tomorrow, please?

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

Why can't I find on the day ticket prices on the Yeovilton site (apart form because, I am stupid). Just checking to make sure that they haven't sold out before the day.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Albion143

Post by Albion143 »

tankbuster wrote:Why can't I find on the day ticket prices on the Yeovilton site (apart form because, I am stupid). Just checking to make sure that they haven't sold out before the day.

£27. Weather looks OK as well. Roll on tomorrow!!!

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

techniquest wrote:Does anyone have a list of times of the flying display for tomorrow, please?

Doubt we will know until tomorrow and even then its subject to change but the Reds are due at 13:00

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

Albion143 wrote:
tankbuster wrote:Why can't I find on the day ticket prices on the Yeovilton site (apart form because, I am stupid). Just checking to make sure that they haven't sold out before the day.

£27. Weather looks OK as well. Roll on tomorrow!!!

I looked at the weather this morning for tomorrow and from 9-4pm it was nothing but light showers which was a bit disappointing but just checked and its changed to a light shower at 9am then a mixture of cloudy and sunny intervals for the rest of the day which is far better so but I am sure it will change back to showers by this evening lol

Oh and a bit late now but eBay is a gold mine for cheap tickets, two years in a row now I have managed to get a pair of tickets for £20 compared to £27 each on the day.

euangregg1

Post by euangregg1 »

Since their over in the UK what do you think the chances are of a surprise appearance from an F35 :shock:
- Maybe Goodwood
- Yeovilton
- Bournemouth
- Jersey
- Old Sarum

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

euangregg1 wrote:Since their over in the UK what do you think the chances are of a surprise appearance from an F35 :shock:

And steal RIAT's big debut act, I'd say between zero and nonewhatsoever. :grin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

euangregg1 wrote:Since their over in the UK what do you think the chances are of a surprise appearance from an F35 :shock:

Chances of a flypast - extremely unlikely
Chances of a display - no chance in hell

euangregg1

Post by euangregg1 »

Ah that's what I expected :lol: I've never been to yeovilton and I'm in the swordfish enclosure with my grandad. What's the traffic situation usually like?
- Maybe Goodwood
- Yeovilton
- Bournemouth
- Jersey
- Old Sarum

seacat192

Post by seacat192 »

Did anyone note the Air-Air frequency in use for the Commando Assault, or are they using the Tower frequency again this year??

Thanks in advance
Roger

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

euangregg1 wrote:Ah that's what I expected :lol: I've never been to yeovilton and I'm in the swordfish enclosure with my grandad. What's the traffic situation usually like?

I live 26 miles away and normally leave home around 7:30 and get there around 8:30 but from reports I have read the queues just get longer and longer the later you arrive, met a couple at Bristol airport last year when the Vulcan was doing its farewell tour that said they had wanted to go to Yeovilton but hit the queue at 10 and by 11:30 gave up trying to get in and went home.

Saying that you have on-site parking so not sure if there is a dedicated entry route.

Oh and the Rafales have arrived :biggrin:
Last edited by Andyperkins on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

capercaillie wrote:

Thet'll be the debut act that debut over Rosyth today , then..... :lol:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

seacat192

Post by seacat192 »

Andyperkins wrote:
euangregg1 wrote:Ah that's what I expected :lol: I've never been to yeovilton and I'm in the swordfish enclosure with my grandad. What's the traffic situation usually like?

I live 26 miles away and normally leave home around 7:30 and get there around 8:30 but from reports I have read the queues just get longer and longer the later you arrive, met a couple at Bristol airport last year when the Vulcan was doing its farewell tour that said they had wanted to go to Yeovilton but hit the queue at 10 and by 11:30 gave up trying to get in and went home.

Saying that you have on-site parking so not sure if there is a dedicated entry route.

Pretty much the same for me. I live about 15 miles from Yeovilton, and try to get on finals to Yeovilton between 7.30 and 7.45 - certainly no later than 8.00.

Is the parking for the enclosure on the airfield itself? If it is, much easier to get on/off the airfield, though sounds like the opening time is closer to that for the public entrances rather than well ahead in previous years.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Brevet Cable wrote:
capercaillie wrote:

I think you'll find that's not called an airshow. :roll: There was probably more people when they arrived on Wednesday, do you want to call that their debut as well? :question:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Well, that was a spirited arrival by the Rafales. :music:

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

seacat192 wrote:
Andyperkins wrote:

Pretty much the same for me. I live about 15 miles from Yeovilton, and try to get on finals to Yeovilton between 7.30 and 7.45 - certainly no later than 8.00.

Is the parking for the enclosure on the airfield itself? If it is, much easier to get on/off the airfield, though sounds like the opening time is closer to that for the public entrances rather than well ahead in previous years.

Yes the Swordfish Enclosure has on base parking.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

capercaillie wrote:
Brevet Cable wrote:
capercaillie wrote:

I think you'll find that's not called an airshow. :roll: There was probably more people when they arrived on Wednesday, do you want to call that their debut as well? :question:

It was an organised event involving an organised flypast , though , ergo a debut. :tongue:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다