Yeovilton 2020

Discuss the Fleet Air Arm's two major air displays
Airshowhammer

Re: Yeovilton 2020

Post by Airshowhammer »

I saw them at Biggin Hill few years back and thought it was a brilliant display. My first time at Yeovilton last year I sure will be returning!

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

G-CVIX wrote:Crikey, so much for having a year off. I'll put in another holiday form next week.

Yup I was going to give this year a miss but am thinking twice now... :D

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

MiG_Eater wrote:
Wissam24 wrote: please understand how much I want - need - to see a formation of the Hind, Hip and a couple of based Merlins. It'd be unreal.

Hind and Hip in the Commando assault please....

Yeovilton pls
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

JJC

Post by JJC »

Reserved a hotel this evening on the back of the superb Czech participation...thoroughly enjoyed my visit in 2018 and this year is shaping up to be another excellent edition of the show.
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

Jason32

Post by Jason32 »

Wissam24 wrote:
MiG_Eater wrote:
Wissam24 wrote: please understand how much I want - need - to see a formation of the Hind, Hip and a couple of based Merlins. It'd be unreal.

Hind and Hip in the Commando assault please....

Yeovilton pls

If the Gravity Industries 'Jet Man' can join the assault as i saw last year (which i personally thought was a waste of time) then lets all hope the Czechs could join this year?

It would be awesome for sure :yahoo:
................Jason Sparkes..................
Military Aviation Enthusiast & MSFS Painter

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Get the Wessex to join as well :biggrin:

Tom105

Post by Tom105 »

Hind, Hip, Wessex and possible a commando Sea King that would be a great finale!
Thomas

Frogfoot

Post by Frogfoot »

The thought of a Hip, Hind, Wessex and Sea King in a flying display is mouthwatering.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Well I understand not using historic types in the finale since it's about showcasing the Commando Force's modern capabilities, but using relevant REDFOR types would offer a potentially groundbreaking spectacle.

The thought of potentially using the Hip to deliver opposition forces would be incredible, but I can see how safety and training requirements to use it could preclude that. But having both operate as opposition air being "chased off" by Commando anti-air equipment (complete with flares and smoke dispensers etc) would bring a whole new dimension to the assault finale.

God....get on it Yeovilton!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Roger_Over

Post by Roger_Over »

I've never been to RNAS Yoevilton, but I'm thinking about it this year for a change. One more interesting item on the flying list might swing it.

I saw the Mi-171/Mi-35 role demo at SIAF last year, very good in my opinion as they both have a lot of presence together, the Hind solo display was basically the same as we've seen at RIAT with copious orange smoke but at the end of the day it's a Hind and sounds awesome so what's not to like...

Would the Alca pair and Gripen be allowed to use flares in their displays at Yoevilton?

FlankerPhoto

Post by FlankerPhoto »

ALCA & Gripen will indeed be using flares. :up:

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

FlankerPhoto wrote:ALCA & Gripen will indeed be using flares. :up:

According to the information put out by Yeovilton you have got this correct

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

FlankerPhoto wrote:ALCA & Gripen will indeed be using flares. :up:

Come on Ollie, are you ever going to post a source to your info or just carry on with the look at me & what I know routine?
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

Spotty_Jag

Post by Spotty_Jag »

Lack of "I believe that" or "I would imagine so" or "it's highly likely that" is the problem with that, and many other posts on forums.
As soon as other people see that in written format it comes across as authoritative and correct, whereas it's just opinion/belief.

Frogfoot

Post by Frogfoot »

Spotty_Jag wrote:Lack of "I believe that" or "I would imagine so" or "it's highly likely that" is the problem with that, and many other posts on forums.
As soon as other people see that in written format it comes across as authoritative and correct, whereas it's just opinion/belief.

It was officially announced by the organisers...

Spotty_Jag

Post by Spotty_Jag »

Frogfoot wrote:It was officially announced by the organisers...

You're strengthening my point: The official text says they "should include spectacular flare launches" whereas the post on here gives the definitive "will indeed".
There is a difference between hoping to do something and confirming your intent to do so.

Frogfoot

Post by Frogfoot »

Spotty_Jag wrote:
Frogfoot wrote:It was officially announced by the organisers...

You're strengthening my point: The official text says they "should include spectacular flare launches" whereas the post on here gives the definitive "will indeed".
There is a difference between hoping to do something and confirming your intent to do so.

Apologies, that’ll teach me to read things properly next time. I imagine both displays most probably will include pyrotechnics though.

FlankerPhoto

Post by FlankerPhoto »

Ultimate Fighters confirmed. :up:

alans895

Yeovilton Air Day 2020 & COVID-19

Post by alans895 »

I asked:

Hello,

Can you please inform me of the policy regarding refunds in the event that the Air Day is canceled due to fears of the spread of the Corona Virus?

Sincerely,

Alan Crane
(Australia)

Reply:

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your email. At present we are continuing planning as normal for Air Day in the expectation that it will go ahead as planned. Should the Coronavirus cause the event to be cancelled for any reason, then as per our Terms and Conditions we are not obliged to offer any refunds; however, we are still in talks with insurers regarding this issue.

Kind regards,

Emma

Now, before anyone takes offence to me asking the question, bear in mind in my home Country (Australia) which has the added security of a "Big Pond" around us, Australia has already stopped Chinese, South Koreans & Iranians from travelling to Australia for the foreseeable future. Italians are on an extensive test before entry basis at this stage.

FlankerPhoto

Post by FlankerPhoto »

No Belgian F-16.

FlankerPhoto

Post by FlankerPhoto »

Belgian A-109 has self confirmed.

Stagger2

Re: Yeovilton Air Day 2020 & COVID-19

Post by Stagger2 »

alans895 wrote: Now, before anyone takes offence to me asking the question, bear in mind in my home Country (Australia) which has the added security of a "Big Pond" around us, Australia has already stopped Chinese, South Koreans & Iranians from travelling to Australia for the foreseeable future. Italians are on an extensive test before entry basis at this stage.

Admirable precautions against allowing the polluted world of disease ridden miscreants into your Country....but it don't stop you 'locals' travelling halfway round the World picking-up all kinds of nasties & taking 'em back like cheap souvenirs? COVID 19 is the least of your worries in Somerset! :whistle:

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

[tweet]https://twitter.com/yeoviltonairday/status/1237407611923968000[/tweet]

vbombers2

Post by vbombers2 »

Fleet Air Arm Museum is closed.

RIAT just cancelled.

Can't be long before the same happens to Air Day.

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Couldn't agree more about Yeovilton 2020 being cancelled, but probably NOT today. The introduction of 'POETS' day began in Somerset & RNAS Yeovilton has embraced it to the extreme. It's now gone 3pm on a Friday & the last person leaving switched-off the lights @ midday. :whistle: