October 6th - Race Day and Season Finale

Re: October 6th - Race Day and Season Finale

Postby UKAirshowTour on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 10:18 pm

Was going to go for a nice way to end the season but I can’t see much being able to even use the runway after the predicted rain in the morning and it’s looking a bit gusty too. A sad way to end the season but honestly the weathers been dire this year
UKAirshowTour

Postby rockfordstone on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 10:53 pm

UKAirshowTour wrote:Was going to go for a nice way to end the season but I can’t see much being able to even use the runway after the predicted rain in the morning and it’s looking a bit gusty too. A sad way to end the season but honestly the weathers been dire this year

this is my feeling. I've been to a lot of air shows this year and got wet. in this instance i am going to give this one a miss
rockfordstone

Postby mindy_monster on Sun 06 Oct 2019, 7:07 am

Yep, I've decided to pass on this one too. Even if they don't get rain during the afternoon, the site must be soaked, and it looks too breezy for many of their items.

Looking forward to next year :smile:
mindy_monster

Postby Aquarious on Sun 06 Oct 2019, 9:55 am

Currently it's blue sky with sunshine and fluffy clouds in London. That's also the BBC forecast for Old Warden with some light rain. I think I'll give it a shot.
Aquarious

Postby pb643 on Sun 06 Oct 2019, 9:56 am

Sat at home, no rain, some sun. Far better than the forecast suggested. At the moment the doom and gloom forecast does appear to have been far too pessimistic.

Have a great day all of those who are at Old Warden.
pb643

Postby FlankerPhoto on Sun 06 Oct 2019, 12:00 pm

WW1 aircraft & Edwardians cancelled.
FlankerPhoto

Postby FlankerPhoto on Sun 06 Oct 2019, 2:31 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by FlankerPhoto on Sun 06 Oct 2019, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlankerPhoto

Postby NigeF-51 on Sun 06 Oct 2019, 5:24 pm

Plus 2 gliders, Chipmunk, Bulldog, Spartan Exec, Cessna 180, Cassutt, Cessna floatplane, Cap 232 to name others.
NigeF-51

Postby FlankerPhoto on Sun 06 Oct 2019, 5:27 pm

Yup. So I've heard, decent day. :up:
FlankerPhoto

Postby Mike on Sun 06 Oct 2019, 7:30 pm

A nice selection of interesting cars too, several of them fitted with aero engines.

Much of the flying was severely curtailed, but still a very pleasant afternoon out.
Mike

Previous

Return to Old Warden Air Displays