Post by itfcscott »

Visiting Aircraft
Wings Parachute Team
Poppy Parachute Team
Great War Display Team
Aerosuperbatics Wingwalkers
Little and Large Extra Duo
Nieuport 17 (John Gilbert)
Westland Sea King (Historic Helicopters)
Bucker Jungmann (Anna Walker)
Percival Mew Gull (David Beale)
de Havilland Dragon Rapide (Philip Meeson)
Dornier Do-28 (Nic Taaffe)
Miles Magister (David Bramwell)

The Shuttleworth Collection
Comper Swift
de Havilland Tiger Moth
Miles Magister
de Havilland Chipmunk
Southern Martlet
Avro 504K
Sopwith Pup
Sopwith Triplane
Percival Provost
de Havilland Comet
Miles Hawk Speed Six
Percival Mew Gull
Bristol M.1C
Royal Aircraft Factory SE5a
Bristol F.2B Fighter
Sopwith Camel
English Electric Wren
Edwardians (Weather permitting): Avro Triplane, Bristol Boxkite, Deperdussin, Bleriot XI, Blackburn Type D Monoplane
https://www.shuttleworth.org/familyairshow-aircraft/

Xray833

Re: Family Airshow - 1st August

Post by Xray833 »

[
Visiting Aircraft

The Shuttleworth Collection

https://www.shuttleworth.org/familyairshow-aircraft/

That`s a nice line up. Looking forward to being there .

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

Fantastic line up, glad i booked up now.. :D

Tobyone1985

Post by Tobyone1985 »

Just added

Aero L-39 Albatros (L39 Aviation Limited)

EGL

Post by EGL »

Great lineup. Heading down for what will probably be my only airshow of the year with my youngest in tow.

Standout (after the Sea King) for me is Anna Walker in the Jungmann - always a fantastic display.

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

Tobyone1985 wrote:
Wed 21 Jul 2021, 10:56 am
Just added

Sorry wrong sort of Albatros :rage: . Should be Albatos DV :grinning:
Sea King will be nice, can we have a yellow one this time please. :grinning:

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

Tobyone1985 wrote:
Wed 21 Jul 2021, 10:56 am
Just added

Oh that's a nice addition, been a while since i last saw a jet display there... :D

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

Actually very surprised Old Warden did not consider booking the Red Arrows for this one ?

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer »

DOUGHNUT wrote:
Wed 21 Jul 2021, 3:58 pm
Actually very surprised Old Warden did not consider booking the Red Arrows for this one ?
It might be that with the drive in format reducing the numbers to maintain distancing they become too expensive even if the show sells out. There might need to be a significant rise in the ticket prices to cover it.
andygolfer
winner of Air-Britain photo competition 2019

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Do families not like Spitfires?
"The surrogate voice of st24"

Aquarious

Post by Aquarious »

Or Hurricanes for that matter?

southyorkshireman

Post by southyorkshireman »

Was hoping the need for speed tag line might have meant a Mustang, Fury or Bearcat, but a nice lineup anyway

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

capercaillie wrote:
Wed 21 Jul 2021, 4:59 pm
Do families not like Spitfires?
Aquarious wrote:
Wed 21 Jul 2021, 9:58 pm
Or Hurricanes for that matter?
Yes, does seem a little strange (maybe they're TBA?) I assume the Sea King will be the HC4? Be nice to see the yellow one too?
...Rad shutters auto.

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

Still enough time for more to be added, fingers crossed we get a couple more warbirds.. :D

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

southyorkshireman wrote:
Thu 22 Jul 2021, 7:44 am
Was hoping the need for speed tag line might have meant a Mustang, Fury or Bearcat, but a nice lineup anyway
Or maybe even the Typhoon!

BrawlerO

Post by BrawlerO »

andygolfer wrote:
Wed 21 Jul 2021, 4:54 pm
DOUGHNUT wrote:
It might be that with the drive in format reducing the numbers to maintain distancing they become too expensive even if the show sells out. There might need to be a significant rise in the ticket prices to cover it.
Still a drive-in show? So much for ‘Freedom Day’ then if outdoor events are still restricted.

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

Chris G wrote:
Thu 22 Jul 2021, 5:19 pm
southyorkshireman wrote:
Thu 22 Jul 2021, 7:44 am
Or maybe even the Typhoon!
Must admit, thought this was a shoo in with the 'theme'. Oh well!

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

BrawlerO wrote:
Thu 22 Jul 2021, 7:36 pm
andygolfer wrote:
DOUGHNUT wrote:
Still a drive-in show? So much for ‘Freedom Day’ then if outdoor events are still restricted.
Yeah, but now they've painted all those nice white boxes on the grass it'll be a shame to waste them..
...Rad shutters auto.

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

BrawlerO wrote:
andygolfer wrote:
DOUGHNUT wrote:
Just be thankful the events are still going ahead, I have no idea how these airshows are organised but i'd imagine they have to set the events up as drive-in format well in advance for insurance etc. Might cost them more to change the format, and what if so called freedom had been put back again ?

I personally prefer the drive-in format as it's much more civilised.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

lynothehammer wrote:
Fri 23 Jul 2021, 7:44 am
BrawlerO wrote:
andygolfer wrote:
DOUGHNUT wrote:
Just be thankful the events are still going ahead, I have no idea how these airshows are organised but i'd imagine they have to set the events up as drive-in format well in advance for insurance etc. Might cost them more to change the format, and what if so called freedom had been put back again ?

I personally prefer the drive-in format as it's much more civilised.
Shuttleworth becomes far less civilised when there are no white boxes? I have to be honest, I'm not sure I can say I've ever noticed that.
"The surrogate voice of st24"

Gt5500

Post by Gt5500 »

BrawlerO wrote:
andygolfer wrote:
DOUGHNUT wrote:
Just because legal restrictions have been lifted it doesn't mean private organisations have to make changes, they can still choose to impose restrictions if they wish. In the same way that some shops, pubs and restaurants are still asking you to wear a mask, it's their property, their rules.

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer »

Gt5500 wrote:
Fri 23 Jul 2021, 10:34 am
BrawlerO wrote:
andygolfer wrote:
DOUGHNUT wrote:
Just because legal restrictions have been lifted it doesn't mean private organisations have to make changes, they can still choose to impose restrictions if they wish. In the same way that some shops, pubs and restaurants are still asking you to wear a mask, it's their property, their rules.
It was probably too late to change the format as well, remember the 1st is only 2 weeks after the restrictions were officially lifted and by then a substantial number of 'drive in' tickets would be sold. Add to that the fact that 'freedom day' had already been moved back one months who's to say the PM wouldn't have moved it back further (and in some ways possibly should have -sorry I digressed) when organising an event you need a bit of certainty and in these times the drive in format gives that I suppose.

Andy
andygolfer
winner of Air-Britain photo competition 2019

BrawlerO

Post by BrawlerO »

Gt5500 wrote:
Fri 23 Jul 2021, 10:34 am
BrawlerO wrote:
andygolfer wrote:
DOUGHNUT wrote:
Of course, they can set it up their event however they like. Same as I can choose whether or not to attend.
I am just surprised that organisations like SW wouldn't have had a plan in place to 'open up' if and when restrictions were lifted.
I guess in our risk adverse modern society any operating agility goes out of the window due to legal processes and regulation compliance.
Maybe given that another UK lockdown is probably only ever a couple of months away it probably makes it easier to just stick to one low risk approach and maintain it than chopping and changing as the government pivots from one approach to another.

Tobyone1985

Post by Tobyone1985 »

It should be of interest to some that the Sea King is now listed as Westland Sea King – Search and Rescue (Historic Helicopters)

Aquarious

Post by Aquarious »

Dornier Do-28 dropped from the visitors list.
Spitfire, Lysander and Gladiator added to the home team.