Flying Proms 19 August 2017

Discussion forum for all things Shuttleworth
Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Flying Proms 19 August 2017

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

Flying list is now up: http://www.shuttleworth.org/events/flyingproms/

If you went to the Military Pageant this year and witnessed Stu Goldspink's magic in P3717, then imagine him doing the same in MH434. Close, sweeping topsides, followed by even more topsides, with a couple of rolls and loops thrown in too. That display last year was one of the best I have ever witnessed, and hopefully it will be repeated this year.

I can't recommend Flying Proms enough. The idea of tasteful music accompanying displaying aircraft is very well done, and it is technically the last evening display of the year.

minnie the moocher

Re: Flying Proms 19 August 2017

Post by minnie the moocher »

Really looking forward to this - :smile:

minnie the moocher

Post by minnie the moocher »

In one word it was excellent.
In a few more words .....
Supermarine Spitfire - to Prelude and Fugue displaying against a dark, brooding sky with a threat of rain (the rain held off for us though). There should have been some nice picture opportunities to be had there.
I had set out the day wanting to see 3 of my favourites - knowing that 2 of them wouldn't be flying but as luck would have it substitutions because of the weather meant I got to see all 3 displaying at different times. The Tomtit, Chipmunk and DH88. The pyro display with Extra 330SC was stunning and this was only the first part of the proms.
Second half just musical with lots of proms favourites - brilliant atmosphere and rounding off with a fireworks finale. There was something for everybody there. Gardens and hangers earlier in the day and the proms in the evening. Plenty of children there of various ages who all looked to enjoying themselves too.

(and on top of all that the warm up duo for the whole show Perfect Vintage even got in Cab Calloway's Minnie The Moocher so I was chuffed to bits :smile: )

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

Yes I agree. It was genuinely one of the best times I have ever had at an airshow, nowhere else can beat Old Warden, but I guess we already know that :lol: