June 3rd - Fly Navy III

Discussion forum for all things Shuttleworth
Mooshie1956

Re: June 3rd - Fly Navy III

Post by Mooshie1956 »

Well this was my second Old Warden show and I can see why some of you on here purr over the place. Yes I know the weather always helps but the whole place oozes charm. The flying is nice and varied as long as your not a fast jet freak. I found with the pace of the show and the displays I watch more of the show with the Mk1 eyeball rather than through the camera lens even though I still took 1500+ shots.
Not having to leave at daft o'clock in the morning helps as I can take a leisurely drive down, as I don't feel the need to get to the front on the crowd line. Although it would've been nice for when the Corsair landed. Even after the 3 hour plus drive home I still felt relaxed and not shattered like I usually do after a very long day at a show down south.
I decided not to bother bringing my own food this time and bought from the show and it was a lot better than average and not to over priced. In fact the son pays more for a burger when he goes out for a pub lunch.
I would certainly recommend a visit to Old Warden if you've never been and I shall certainly be heading there again this year, just need to fit one in, although the last show of the season has the draw of Peter Teichman retiring.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens

Tbolt

Post by Tbolt »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:
Tbolt wrote:OK wasn’t overly obvious from where I was, but of course not every aircraft that flew the bend previously did it as tight and as long as we like and some of those aircraft I mention were visitors so they don’t always fly the perfect bend but we’re still good enough to get good pictures from where I was.

I'm a little confused by your last few posts as you began this discussion with the following statement...

Tbolt wrote:I certainly noticed a difference and my photos show it as well. I thought maybe it was just due to the amount of visiting pilots as some of the locals were still flying a reasonable bend. I thought maybe the Lanc was a different pilot to the earlier shows as all three passes were very different to the other shows.

You said it yourself when you mentioned the Lancaster. A fortnight ago the opening pass was pulled right round beyond the control tower. On Sunday they levelled off over the runway heading.

That's right I said the show was different, as in a lot less aircraft flying a full curve. I though that the few I mentioned did ( Corsair, Wildcat, Lysander, Moth, Demon and Nimrod), which was where that first quote is from, but like I said maybe I just didn't notice them pulling out a little earlier due to my position. It was obviously that plenty didn't attempt a curve at all, which is why I said I noticed a difference.

PirateTrickster

Post by PirateTrickster »

although the last show of the season has the draw of Peter Teichman retiring.

I'd read elsewhere on here that his last show was Southport?

clearstone

Post by clearstone »

No - Southport Council got ahead of themselves. Peter will be displaying through to the October Old Warden show.

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »