Military Pageant - 1st July

Discussion forum for all things Shuttleworth
Tbolt

Re: Military Pageant - 1st July

Post by Tbolt »

st24 wrote:Latest forecast has the cloud burning back much earlier now... Gonna be a hot one folks (again!) :sweat: :sweat: Really hope the catering is up to speed and they don't sell out of Soleros even before I get there...!

I guess that depends on which forecast you look at - full sun, light cloud or medium cloud! At least the dark, heavy clouds XC were showing yesterday have gone, so should be a fairly good day, except for the wind.

PirateTrickster

Post by PirateTrickster »

st24 wrote:Latest forecast has the cloud burning back much earlier now... Gonna be a hot one folks (again!) :sweat: :sweat: Really hope the catering is up to speed and they don't sell out of Soleros even before I get there...!

I got through 1.5L of water at the last one I came to (Premiere) and was still thirsty. Planning on bringing 3 x bottles with me this time, plus food.

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

Tom105 wrote:Yep i'm waiting however may get the GWDT as they seem to be able to fly in higher winds

I watched them create their own cross runway at Duxford in fairly strong cross winds taking off directly away from the crowd and they were up in seconds. Not sure if they are due to land (hopefully) but I expect most will use the cross runway with the current forecast.

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

PirateTrickster wrote:I got through 1.5L of water at the last one I came to (Premiere) and was still thirsty. Planning on bringing 3 x bottles with me this time, plus food.

I got through a lot of water too. Luckily I discovered the drinking water tap behind the loo's so was able to top up my water bottle several times during the day. :sweat:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Fill up some bottles of water and put them in your freezer to take with you. You'll have ice cold water to drink all day long as it melts.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:Fill up some bottles of water and put them in your freezer to take with you. You'll have ice cold water to drink all day long as it melts.

Or, you could do that! Sounds like a plan. :up:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Roughcutter

Post by Roughcutter »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:Fill up some bottles of water and put them in your freezer to take with you. You'll have ice cold water to drink all day long as it melts.

Keeps ypur butties cool too :smile:

Ryan.

Post by Ryan. »

Thunderbolt up first, shame it isn't on the ground here though.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Glad I'm back at Headcorn then.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

st24

Post by st24 »

Jug was epic, as was the Lanc, just fabulous...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

The flying today was really good. The bend seemed to be in use as it normally is, plenty of topsides. Great display from the Thunderbolt, WWI stuff was great too with it really having a chance to shine.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

The Lanc was almost on its wing tips - lovley day.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

ted633

Post by ted633 »

Finally home after a cracking day yesterday (12 hour nightshifts after a show are always fun!). As already said, the P-47 and the Lancaster (again!) were the real standout items, with the latter using the same line as at the Season Premiere, so it seems the bend it back. The rest of the flying, as per usual, was superb and was great to see so many WWI aircraft all together. The closing of the show was also very touching, with the F2b performing a poppy drop whilst the Last Post was played over the tannoy.

The only slight disappointment was the 'parade' of WWI aircraft at the end, which from the commentary earlier on building it up sounded like they were all going to fly together, but instead went up 1 at a time. Still, it was great to see them all again and in much better light than they had flown in previously.

Just the one for now. Lest we forget.

southyorkshireman

Post by southyorkshireman »

Did anyone work out why the fire service met the se5 on landing? All seemed well the pilot even taxied to meet them

Tbolt

Post by Tbolt »

Great show, despite the wind causing the show to feel a little disjointed with most of the WWI type landing on the far runway. The P-47 and Lanc were great as was the Hurricane - that first pass was impressive. Would love to see the P-47 in a later slot here in the future.

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »

• "World War Won" - Sam Wise reports from the Collection for UK Airshow Review.

Image Image Image Image Image