deHMC Charity Flying Weekend 23/24 June 2018

Discussion forum for all things Shuttleworth
vintage ATCO

deHMC Charity Flying Weekend 23/24 June 2018

Post by vintage ATCO »

The de Havilland Moth Club Charity Flying Weekend takes place at Old Warden, Bedfordshire, on 23/24 June 2018.

Flights will be available in Moth aircraft and other aircraft, subject to aircraft availability and the weather, for £95 with all proceeds going to charity.

No booking, just turn up, first come first served. Free entry to the airfield for spectators, free parking. The Shuttleworth restaurant and gift shop will be accessible. Entry to the Collection and Shuttleworth's other attractions at their normal cost. The airfield opens at 09:30 and charity flying will commence at about 10:30.

Visiting and participating aircraft must PPR to mothgathering@gmail.com, not to the Shuttleworth Visitors' Centre.

LIMITED OFFER: £10 Moth flights for people between the ages 13 – 18*

Each day, the de Havilland Moth Club will be offering a limited number of Moth flights to young people between the ages of 13 and 18, at a special price of just £10.00 per person to be paid on the day of the flight.

These flights will be available on a first-come-basis on each day, but it will be necessary to register interest in advance of the Charity Flying Weekend.
To do so please send an email marked ‘YP CHARITY FLIGHTS’ to the de Havilland Moth Club at the following address: dhmoth@dhmothclub.co.uk
All applications will be acknowledged.

Last time and date for applications to be received at this address is midnight on Friday 15 June 2018.

All Young People who book-in at Old Warden during the Charity Weekend will be invited to take part in a competition for which the prize is a one-hour instructional flight in a Tiger Moth at an Approved Training Organisation, sponsored by the de Havilland Educational Trust.

* The £10 YP flights are limited to anyone who is between 13 on Saturday 23 June and 19 on Monday 25 June. Any questions regarding these flights should be directed to deHMC HQ dhmoth@dhmothclub.co.uk

Do you know a young person who is interested in flying? Buy them a flight! We have to get young people interested in aviation, particularly vintage aviation, before it dies.

Posted with Moderator approval.
vA
stevelevien.com

Costar1198

Re: deHMC Charity Flying Weekend 23/24 June 2018

Post by Costar1198 »

This sounds quite nice, might see if I can come down, being 16 and having never flown (apart from a tree skimming in a hot air balloon), I feel like this could be a really nice opportunity, since what generally drags me off of most experience flights is the cost. Excellent that the proceeds are going to charity aswell, shall have to see what the parents say to this one, hope I can make it :smile:

vintage ATCO

Post by vintage ATCO »

The allocation of £10 flights for young people is now fully subscribed and no more applications are being accepted.

Standard flights at £95 are available, no need to book, just turn up.
vA
stevelevien.com

Andover

Post by Andover »

Yet another glorious day at Shuttleworth. A very busy airfield today (and I'm sure yesterday). Not a moment without at least an engine running. And a surprise flypast of the BBMF Dak! :clap:

A lovely day viewing de Havillands and a couple of Miles types.