Avro Triplane IV
Hawker Sea Hurricane 1B
RAF SE5a
Percival Mew Gull
Bristol Boxkite

minnie the moocher

Re: Flying Proms - 18th August 2018

Post by minnie the moocher »

looking forward to this - enjoyed it last year and hoping the weather holds :smile:

minnie the moocher

I see its a sell out - no tickets on the gate, looks like it could be a good one :smile: - I'm the one with the picnic bag the size of a small hangar - setting off soon

minnie the moocher

Really enjoyed it. I initially thought the flight line was a little thin but it didn't disappoint. Highlights for me - but it was all very good- I like that the Comet and the Mew Gull displayed solo. Grosvenor House has always been my favourite and when they display together I spend most of the time watching her and missing the little Mew Gull so it was good to see a solo. Speed six was a good display, Loved the spitfire (especially the spitfire) and sea hurricane displays and the two pyro displays were brilliant. My only only (very minor) criticism would be that the display and music didn't seem to be quite running on the same timings at a couple of stages but it didn't really detract from a good evening. Already looking forward to the next one
And a rendition of Minnie the Moocher - so I couldn't really ask for more :clap: