Shuttleworth Heritage Day - 2nd September 2018

Discussion forum for all things Shuttleworth
jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Re: Shuttleworth Heritage Day - 2nd September 2018

Post by jalfrezi »

svas_volunteer wrote:Just a quick note to say the ex Peter Holloway Steiglitz is still alive and well in one piece in Virginia with the MAM as far as I know, also as you may have noticed many of the aircraft you list as not participating are not flying due to unserviceability not through choice. I think sometimes people forget how unique these aircraft are and how we assume they will always work every time.

Just the quick private views of one of the volunteers at the show and in no way an official statement from any of the groups.

Steve Panter

Thanks for the update on the Stieglitz, I've confirmed that it was Peter's old Bestmann that was lost in the 2011 accident. We've now updated the review to reflect this.

alisdairanderson

Post by alisdairanderson »

UK Airshow Review wrote:
  • "PRU Blue" - Nick Jennings reports from the Collection for UK Airshow Review.

Image Image Image Image Image

From the report....."Formerly the Shuttleworth Pageant, now rebranded as the 'Heritage Airshow', the September event at Old Warden is traditionally a showcase of the Collection aircraft, with an ethos of emptying the hangars as much as possible and flying as many of their machines as is feasible. ……… was therefore somewhat unfortunate that there were a number of notable casualties from the provisional line-up, including the Anson, Demon, Rapide, Dove and Mew Gull."

Hi,

As I understand, the list of 5 aircraft mentioned above only includes a single 'Collection' aircraft (The Mew Gull) - the others, AFAIK, are all privately owned, and just based at Old Warden, and I wouldn't expect to see them in a 'Shuttleworth-feature' event.

Cheers,
Alisdair

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

alisdairanderson wrote:
From the report....."Formerly the Shuttleworth Pageant, now rebranded as the 'Heritage Airshow', the September event at Old Warden is traditionally a showcase of the Collection aircraft, with an ethos of emptying the hangars as much as possible and flying as many of their machines as is feasible. ……… was therefore somewhat unfortunate that there were a number of notable casualties from the provisional line-up, including the Anson, Demon, Rapide, Dove and Mew Gull."

Hi,

As I understand, the list of 5 aircraft mentioned above only includes a single 'Collection' aircraft (The Mew Gull) - the others, AFAIK, are all privately owned, and just based at Old Warden, and I wouldn't expect to see them in a 'Shuttleworth-feature' event.

Cheers,
Alisdair

Hi Alisdair, the original participant list released by the Collection had all five of the aircraft down to participate, unfortunately, we understand four suffered technical issues and the Mew Gull went to the LAA Rally at Sywell.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

jalfrezi wrote:and the Mew Gull went to the LAA Rally at Sywell.

Yes, to join the other spam cans. :shock: :facepalm:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/