IWM:Live. 11/06/22

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
iainpeden

IWM:Live. 11/06/22

Post by iainpeden »

This is already on the website but we got a lot more detail in the volunteer briefing today.

A series of lectures and demonstrations will take place, principally in the AirSpace conference rooms; delivered by IWM staff (including conservationists and curators), other experts and authors. These will be wide ranging, not just aviation or Duxford based and is intended to be an adult focussed , academic event: the term "A Festival of History" was used.

It was acknowledged that the information on the website is sketchy at the moment but work is underway to have a complete, downloadable, timetable available by the middle of March.

This has been in the planning stage since September with the hope that a successful event would lead to an expanded one in the future. Ticket price includes early admission to the museum, dedicated catering and admission to as many of the lectures as you can fit in - at present individual lectures will be number limited due to size of rooms and will be first come, first served but that may change.

Looks good and I have already put my name down to volunteer.
Last edited by iainpeden on Wed 06 Apr 2022, 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

Amp

Re: IWM:Live. 11/06/22

Post by Amp »

A feature on Flying Legends and operating warbirds would be good...

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

I will pass on the idea.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

Mike

Post by Mike »

Amp wrote:
Mon 21 Feb 2022, 8:31 pm
A feature on Flying Legends and operating warbirds would be good...
I think that idea would go down like a lead ballon, seeing that FL has been forced out of Duxford by IWM 🙄

Meteorops

Post by Meteorops »

All reference to this event seems have vanished from the Duxford website. Is it just fully booked or has it been cancelled?