French Army at Middle Wallop

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
beefer

French Army at Middle Wallop

Post by beefer »

As I type sat in the cafe at middle wallop there are 5 gazelles,plus a puma sat on the pan.puma is parked behind hanger 1 with its nose just visible.There is one more gazelle on the field.due to leave tomorrow for Carlisle via Shawbury.All not due to fly today.

Pen Pusher

Re: French Army at Middle Wallop

Post by Pen Pusher »

All due in for a visit to Duxford tomorrow, 18th. NOTAM has then arriving 11.20 Local.

The detachment comprises of 6 x Gazelle Light helicopters, 1 x Puma Support helicopter and a total of 32 personnel (mix of aircrew and engineers).

Weather permitting, on the morning of Thursday 18 April 13 a formation of 6 Gazelles and 1 Puma from the French ALAT will fly along the heli-lanes through central London, routing from Bagshot over Richmond Park to Barnes, from Barnes Bridge along the line of the River Thames to the Isle of Dogs, then departing London up the Lee Valley over flying the Olympic Park, finishing at the Imperial War Museum at Duxford near Cambridge. The formation will be led by a British Army Squirrel helicopter from 670 Squadron Army Air Corps. Fitting around other air traffic movements from Heathrow and London City Airports, the formation is expected to pass Westminster Bridge between 1030 and 1050 at a height of between 800 feet and 1500 feet.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook

DylanLlewellyn

Post by DylanLlewellyn »

6 x French Gazelle and 1 x Puma just gone over my office in Camberley heading towards London! :rock:

aviationphoto

Post by aviationphoto »

I second that - the loose gaggle just left the Thames east of London and headed north
http://www.aviationphoto.co.uk

The Dark Rider is coming!! - check out my debut novel on Amazon

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

DylanLlewellyn wrote:6 x French Gazelle and 1 x Puma just gone over my office in Camberley heading towards London! :rock:

Saw them from the Old Dean, fantastic sight against blue skies...

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

After their visit to Duxford, the Squirrel headed back to Middle Wallop and the French are continuing their world tour of the UK and should now be at Shawbury. :biggrin:

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook

APG

Post by APG »

There were two Squirrels when they came over Battersea so presume one was a camera ship?

747woody

Post by 747woody »

Six Gazelles and a brown Puma just passed over east East Sussex, between Tunbridge Wells and Hastings, heading east!