Where's my sleep???

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
Costar1198

Where's my sleep???

Post by Costar1198 »

Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but about 5-10 minutes some maniac was flying what was surely 500ft AGL max over East Grinstead in what sounded like a DA-42... multiple times, must have been doing circles...

Reason I post on here is because I wonder if any of you people know a reason as to why this is happening... (looks like he's coming round again...) because there better be a valid reason for waking me during my beauty sleep :sleepy:

EDIT: Checked FR24 and it appears to be G-DGPS, which is now seemingly on approach to Gatwick... odd that. Get my sleep back now EDIT 2: Nope he's back...

UKTopgun
UKAR Supporter

Re: Where's my sleep???

Post by UKTopgun »

You are barking up the wrong tree on this forum as most here would be enjoying that rather than complaining!

st24

Post by st24 »

As I'm still of sound mind, I don't do civvies but I did note on Twitter that Gatwick was closed first thing - and may still have problems?? Don't know if the 2 are connected as those pesky (and very quiet?!) DA42s are used for all sorts of covert stuff.. :ninja:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

The clue is in the registration, G-DGPS is owned by Flight Calibration Services and is used for ILs, VOR, etc calibration and tracking. Replaces the Cobham King Airs in the role.

Costar1198

Post by Costar1198 »

Cheers all, was probably too angry as I had posted this a few minutes after it woke me up. I take it was doing something to do with VOR then as that was in the callsign. Was certainly an interesting catch but it came at the wrong time! :grin: