Knight Rider

Photos that are not aviation related
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Knight Rider

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

The first Classic Motors GB meet of the year took place at North Weald on Easter Sunday and at short notice I'd arranged to meet with the owners of this local replica of KITT, the car from the Knight Rider TV series in the 80s, for a closer look. I was also hoping to get them to agree to a little photoshoot on the airfield, which they kindly did but as a relative novice to car photography, there's a few things I would do differently next time, not least to invest in a polariser to control the reflections on the high gloss black paintjob. I'd like to try a few other locations and I completely neglected to take any shots with a wider lens too, so there's much room for improvement but it's quite different aviation photography.

The car itself is a 1990 Pontiac Firebird, and with repairs and modifications has taken the owners eight years to get to the point where the exterior is mostly complete, modelled on the car as it appeared in the first season of the show. The interior is a work in progress, but it's still head and shoulders above the other two replicas I've seen at North Weald over the years.

And one of a Mustang to finish.

"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

aviationanoraks

Re: Knight Rider

Post by aviationanoraks »

That put a smile on my face this morning.
I remember having a little red ‘Matchbox’ Firebird when I was a kid, and pretending it was KITT in disguise!

Airwolfhound

Re: Knight Rider

Post by Airwolfhound »

Liking these :-)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)