Saturday at Duxford Battle of Britain Airshow

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
ted633

Saturday at Duxford Battle of Britain Airshow

Post by ted633 »

My first time viewing from the M11 end at Duxford. Rather enjoyed it, it must be said. Here is a selection of photos I managed.

Gives a bit of an idea of the conditions that enveloped the airfield towards the end!

Schanche

Re: Saturday at Duxford Battle of Britain Airshow

Post by Schanche »

Those Staggerwings are gorgeous looking great images thank you for posting, couldn’t visit with father so look forward to showing him these.

Alpha Delta 210

Post by Alpha Delta 210 »

Lovely set. I was in the IWM Members enclosure opposite the American Air Museum and wondered what the Czech display would have been like from the M11 end because they seemed to keep to the westerly end. You've proved that good shots were definitely possible from the easterly end!

The landing shot of MH415 is beautifully sharp considering the slow shutter speed.

I loved the mixed "1938" and "Mercury" formations.

ted633

Post by ted633 »

Alpha Delta 210 wrote:
Thu 15 Sep 2022, 5:23 pm

The landing shot of MH415 is beautifully sharp considering the slow shutter speed.
Yes, I'm very happy with that one. The last handful of landings I dropped the shutter right down (1/100) to see what I could get.

Alpha Delta 210

Post by Alpha Delta 210 »

ted633 wrote:
Thu 15 Sep 2022, 6:41 pm
Alpha Delta 210 wrote:
Thu 15 Sep 2022, 5:23 pm

Yes, I'm very happy with that one. The last handful of landings I dropped the shutter right down (1/100) to see what I could get.
I'm not surprised, I would be delighted to have taken that! 👍

I would have guessed an even slower shutter speed bearing in mind that the Spitfire's throttle must have been close to idle.