WW2 Allies GB

A forum for UKAR Group Builds
mattlaker

WW2 Allies GB

Post by mattlaker »

Hi all,

D-Day is upon us, and we are now underway.

I will create a thread for completed builds, and also will create one for any reference materials and questions.

There is no limit on the number of builds you can do, nor is there a limit on scale. Timeframe- it needs to be a type built, tested or operated during WW2. And any aircraft, any allied air arm, and any scale will do.

Have fun!
Matt hates Photo Etch as of today

ianf

Re: WW2 Allies GB

Post by ianf »

Hi Matt
Ok I will start the ball rolling I am going to build 2 kits in this group. Namely the 1/48th Fairey Barracuda MK II by Special Hobby and the 1/48 Fairey Swordfish floatplane by Tamiya. should be interesting to compare mine with matt's who's using a detail set, I'm only using the tamiya rigging set at the mo I don't think I will change Decals but time will tell. It begins again :yahoo:

Ian
Victor XL231 Lusty Lindy, crew chief.
Our face book page. https://www.facebook.com/LustyLindy231/?ref=bookmarks

mattlaker

Post by mattlaker »

nice to have you on board mate! Another stringbag to boot! I knew you would!!! I see shaun has got the ball rolling on WIP threads- gonna be doing my obligatory box-shot post as soon as they're uploaded!

Happy days!

davidm

Post by davidm »

when i get chance to start i will build a P-38J lightning in 1/48

ianf

Post by ianf »

As this is the last day of the group build, I want to thank matt for being a great GB host. :clap: :clap: :clap: I think we have had a few laffs and helped each other out during the way. Sir you looked after us well thankyou.

Ian
Victor XL231 Lusty Lindy, crew chief.
Our face book page. https://www.facebook.com/LustyLindy231/?ref=bookmarks

Deacon
UKAR Supporter

Post by Deacon »

I second what Ian has said, thanks Matt, I enjoyed the GB, as you can tell. :grin:

Deacon

Mictheslik

Post by Mictheslik »

I really enjoyed entering this GB (my first one)....it has given me back the modelling bug (shame I didn't have time for my academy P51 though :( )

.mic
Mictheslik Aviation Photography

Remember when we went to Payerne on that Wednesday?

mattlaker

Post by mattlaker »

Thanks guys!!! I really enjoyed hosting this one, and well done for all of the builds! It's been a pleasure from start to finish! We've all had a great laugh, and look forward to the continued banter as the new era of GB's progresses!

Seamus

Post by Seamus »

Just a quick thanks to Matt for running a thoroughly enjoyable GB and a well done to everyone for entering some fine builds :clap: :clap: :clap:
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

scotthldr

Post by scotthldr »

Although I didn't take part in this one "sorry Matt" there was alot of cracking builds in the end. I'm sorry I didn't comment on all the builds but it's near impossible to keep up, especially with Mr Styrene sorry Deacon :oops: pulling them out the bag every other day :grin:

A great Group Build which I have enjoyed following. Good work from all that took part :clap: :clap:

Scott