WW2 allies 1/32 Spitfire Mk.IXc Done!

A forum for UKAR Group Builds
Fumbles

WW2 allies 1/32 Spitfire Mk.IXc Done!

Post by Fumbles »

I'm back! After much travel and getting back into not only working on kits. But general life work as well. Here is where I am in the WWII group build. I took a chance and bought the new Pacific Coast Models 1/32 scale Spitfire Mk.IX

I was going to do a full work in progress. But many things got in the way. From work to travel and a few computer problems. You all will have to settle on the pictures of the beginning of the build and from now till the end of September I'll keep it updated.

First things first. I have never built a kit from this company before. When it arrived. I opened the box to see it had all the goodies in it. Photo Etch, Resin parts and engraved panel lines. Not alot more you could ask for in a kit for the price. I paid about 30 British Pounds for it with shipping.
Here's some of the box shots and spurs. Sorry for the quality of these pictures. I have to take them with a point and shoot camera. My Camera is in getting a full clean out lens and all.

The Box Art

Fuse Spurs

Real nice Decal sheet

Some of the Resin parts

The table full of parts again

Here is a not so good picture of the cpit. It's full of dust. But you get the idea.

Main part of the build. I'm happy with this company. The kit fit together rather well. But as a warning to new builders. This kit can be very tricky. The instructions don't provide alot of detail. Also there is no guide pins when you glue parts for example like the fuselage together.

Now I went backwards on this and painted the D-Day stripes first. I used the gloss white to also test for seem checks.

Now where I sit tonight. I'll be doing the touch ups on the stipes and a few other areas this week. If all goes well. I should be done this kit by the weekend.

Thanks for looking. I also want to say. That even though I have been away for a while. I have at least been able to look in and see the kits comming from you all in the Group Build. Very nice work from all of you. :clap: :clap: I'll put in a update on this one in a couple of days

davidm

Re: WW2 allies 1/32 Spitfire Mk.IX

Post by davidm »

must says that looks very good. Good work on the stripes :clap:

flying_medic

Post by flying_medic »

Good idea doing the stripes first, they look very clear and crisp. Outstanding. :clap: :clap:

Deacon
UKAR Supporter

Post by Deacon »

I like the look at that Fumbles, the paint job is stunning. :clap: :clap:

Deacon

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles »

Thanks for the comments. Just in time with 1 day to go. I managed to get the kit done. The decals for this kit went on very smooth. I had no problems at all. For a company that I have never heard of. This kit is a real nice one to put together. It was a joy to do. Here are the pictures from tonight. Pardon the dark. Theres not alot of back light where I work on kits. So I'll post these pictures in this part tonight and pictures taken during the day with sun in the completed build section tomorrow.

First a couple from last week when the clear coat was on with fresh decals.

Now tonight with a dull coat and completed.
Pardon the dust. I was sanding another kit earlier.

Lastly I could not resist. The CF-118 was taken out of the display case. Next month I'll have a custom base made to hold both kits at a almost nose to nose pose.