Rare photos of the Luftwaffe in WW2

Share news and updates from your own websites in this dedicated area. PLEASE ensure you link back to UKAR on your website! Details in the Announcements section below.
philh

Re: A jet P-51 Mustang?

Post by philh »

Jet assisted take off by look of the photos :clap:

pampa14

The secret Delta Nazis

Post by pampa14 »

I share with you this special and illustrated report bringing some pictures of one of the most secret projects of the Luftwaffe during World War II. Visiting the link below, in addition to photos, you can also contribute to the discussion by answering the poll if these projects have helped in the development of Western and Russian fighter aircraft in the post war. What do you think? Visit the link below and leave your opinion.

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/01/os-delta-secretos-da-luftwaffe.html

Best Regards!

pampa14

A Naval P-47?

Post by pampa14 »

Looking for naval fighters on the web I found this article with pictures of Republic P-47 Thunderbolts embarked on aircraft carriers. There was a naval version of this plane? The report and photos, never seen by me before, can be viewed at the link below:

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/01/um-p-47-naval.html

Best Regards!

Col. Chibani

Re: A Naval P-47?

Post by Col. Chibani »

Indeed, some P-47 had been used on carriers, but not as actual "naval" fighters.

There was an article on this very subject (with some of the photos seen on your link) in the september issue of the french magazine "Le Fana de l'Aviation".
Unfortunately, I don't have it with me rigth now.
As far as I remember, this was an efficient way to convey the aircraft in the Pacific.
The P-47 were equiped with hooks on the main landing gear so that they could be catapulted.
Not being equiped with a tailhook, no recovery was possible. The aircraft were to land on a Pacific island airstrip, as soon as it was taken from the japanese.
On one occasion, some were scrambled from the carrier to intercept a japanese air attack.
At least one was destroyed on the ground during a japanese commando attack.

More details if you want, when I recover my "Le Fana de l'Aviation" copy.

pampa14

Open Gates 2016 - AFB Canoas

Post by pampa14 »

Hi everyone,

Last Tuesday (15/11), AFB Canoas, home of First Squadron of the Fourteenth Aviation Group of Brazilian Air Force, equipped with Northrop F-5EM/FM Tiger II, took place the Open Gates this year. The link below contains a Special Report with a lot of pictures and information.

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2016/11/feriado-na-base-aerea-de-canoas.html

Best Regards!

shaggie

Re: Open Gates 2016 - AFB Canoas

Post by shaggie »

800 plus views and no comments ,can't believe ,lovely shots of lovely aircraft ,thanks for taking the time to share

st24

Post by st24 »

Colourful Brazilians - can't go wrong!! Great selection of types there- liking the additional AAM pylons on the Tigers... :up:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Probably because it's yet another shameless promotion by a user that prolifically ignores our rules of one website advert thread per user!