La Fête Alais 2022

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
st24

La Fête Alais 2022

Post by st24 »

One of those days yesterday- roasting hot to bilblical deluge! Very vicious t-storms moved in late pm meaning the PdF and solo Rafale had to cancel but other items continued for a little while. Great support from the AF and Aeronavale yet again. Great display from the Security Civile Dash8- it's no Tracker but very different.
Dried out, fed and watered and met up with some airshow groupies and it's looking most pleasant for day 2....!
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Col. Chibani

Re: La Fête Alais 2022

Post by Col. Chibani »

I was at La Ferté on Sunday.
I hope you enjoyed this alternance of rain and sun !
But the show was quite nice between the showers.
According to B. Chabbert, the PdF had to cancel on Saturday because of the leader high fever.
He was apparently better on the Sunday.
I just started sorting my pics.

Mike

Post by Mike »

'twas a cracking weekend, and great to see you there st24. Already counting down to Pentecost 2023!

Niallxg

Post by Niallxg »

Very pleasant two days out in France. The weather made photography challenging at times, but resulted in some nice shots against those dark skies. Thankfully I made it to the car before Saturday evening's "little" shower, but then stuck in a queue to exit for over 90mins. Sunday was much better in this respect, out in 10mins.

st24

Post by st24 »

Mike wrote:
Tue 07 Jun 2022, 7:59 am
'twas a cracking weekend, and great to see you there st24. Already counting down to Pentecost 2023!
Pleasure was all yours Mike! :wink: :smile: Yes a very nice start to the season and great to catch up with "the gang".

st24

Post by st24 »

Col. Chibani wrote:
Mon 06 Jun 2022, 9:29 pm
I was at La Ferté on Sunday.
I hope you enjoyed this alternance of rain and sun !
But the show was quite nice between the showers.
According to B. Chabbert, the PdF had to cancel on Saturday because of the leader high fever.
He was apparently better on the Sunday.
I just started sorting my pics.
Must admit I would have thought the weather was the deciding factor for the PdF cancellation on the Saturday, wouldn't have blamed them - but fair play to the pleasure flight helos still going up, absolute bonkers!

Sunday much better but one of those disappointing days when the sun just didn't match up with the flying! Not a classic La Ferte but so good to be back...