All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
CJS

Re: Viewing Village - Garden

Post by CJS »

Meep wrote:
Wed 13 Jul 2022, 3:52 pm
Ashthorpe87 wrote:
Wed 13 Jul 2022, 3:14 pm
Hi, Our first time in the village this time, we are in the grandstand on Sunday.

Does anyone know if there is a water bottle filling point in the viewing village, or how close the nearest bowser is? I cant seem to find a map with the bowser locations on there.

Thanks in advance!
Probably .

The map won't be that detailed, there are too many uncertainties to create a map in advance and it'd be a case of looking out for them.

But the village has normally good provisions of facilities. 6 to 8 food vans previously. Multiple toilet blocks behind the stand.

Given its place on the site, even if there isn't one in the village itself, it won't be far
Given that there are bound to be extra ones this year I'm sure one will be in the viewing village 'compound'.
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

coopers

Post by coopers »

Hi,
Was in the viewing Village today,and was told on entry that there was a filling point behind the Grandstand.

CJS

Post by CJS »

coopers wrote:
Fri 15 Jul 2022, 7:25 pm
Hi,
Was in the viewing Village today,and was told on entry that there was a filling point behind the Grandstand.
Good to know, thank you.

Ashthorpe87

Post by Ashthorpe87 »

Thanks all!

Mosko

Post by Mosko »

First time to RIAT and going into the Viewing village grandstand, hopefully it's a nice viewing platform :D

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Just bumping this thread to this year as I'm going for the first time in the viewing village (garden part) and just want to know what are the food/drink options normally in the enclosure??
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

rdchawk wrote:
Sun 04 Jun 2023, 5:27 pm
Just bumping this thread to this year as I'm going for the first time in the viewing village (garden part) and just want to know what are the food/drink options normally in the enclosure??
Behind the grandstand there will be quite a few food and drink vendors. I got a nice steak burger last year. Queues weren't too bad either.

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

So there are no food vendors in the enclosure part? As I thought the description for the enclosure mentioned food/drink within the enclosure itself?
Whisky Connoisseur

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

rdchawk wrote:
Sun 04 Jun 2023, 6:18 pm
So there are no food vendors in the enclosure part? As I thought the description for the enclosure mentioned food/drink within the enclosure itself?
The Grandstand and Garden are both in the same enclosure. The food outlets are at the back of it.

It is A in the blue zone map

https://www.airtattoo.com/files/headeri ... Sunday.jpg
Last edited by jasonT1981 on Sun 04 Jun 2023, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Ah ok cool, thanks Jason.
Whisky Connoisseur

CJS

Post by CJS »

rdchawk wrote:
Yes just to confirm they are inside the enclosure, behind the grandstand - which I remember thinking last year would be the worst place to end up working because you'd see nothing but the back of the grandstand all day!

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

CJS wrote:
Tue 06 Jun 2023, 9:23 am
rdchawk wrote:
Yes just to confirm they are inside the enclosure, behind the grandstand - which I remember thinking last year would be the worst place to end up working because you'd see nothing but the back of the grandstand all day!
Thanks CJS - I'm attending alone so didnt want to leave my stuff unattended for a while when i get some food or drink
Whisky Connoisseur

Roger_Over

Post by Roger_Over »

The left luggage option is useful as well, so you can leave your stuff with them if you want to go for a wander outside the village enclosure.

play it cool

Post by play it cool »

I was in the Viewing Village Garden last year.

One tip if it's a hot one - get in early and grab a seat directly at the base of the grandstand. You'll be in the shadow of the grandstand more or less all day just about.

Oojiflip

Post by Oojiflip »

Hi all - first time RIATer here!
I'm going with my dad, staying in Bicester Saturday night and driving over on Sunday morning. I'm booked into the viewing village garden, and want to be able to stand on the crowdline if/when I want to. Not bothered about where I'm sat, it's being on the crowdline that's a priority. Knowing that my dad won't want to be up at the crack of dawn, what's the latest I could get to the showground that would guarantee I'd be ready for the 10am flying start, but still be able to stand on the crowdline?
Best - Taylor

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Oojiflip wrote:
Mon 10 Jul 2023, 10:36 pm
Hi all - first time RIATer here!
I'm going with my dad, staying in Bicester Saturday night and driving over on Sunday morning. I'm booked into the viewing village garden, and want to be able to stand on the crowdline if/when I want to. Not bothered about where I'm sat, it's being on the crowdline that's a priority. Knowing that my dad won't want to be up at the crack of dawn, what's the latest I could get to the showground that would guarantee I'd be ready for the 10am flying start, but still be able to stand on the crowdline?
Best - Taylor
You should be able to get a spot up front. I've noticed that it is full early on and by lunch time everyone has re-arranged their chairs and their is big spots. If you can't find seats at the front, but there are spaces, just ask around if there are any un-used chairs.

I do Pimms every year on the Sunday, and each time I've walked in 10 mins before start. And got front row.