Eastbourne 22

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
Offbreed

Re: Eastbourne 22

Post by Offbreed »

Just had a very nice flypast of the Typhoon and Spitfire together at Beachy Head, plus the Lancaster flew in from that direction 😍

bobby 1211

Post by bobby 1211 »

The Tigers cancelled due to weather.

Chinook is still broken

No Display from the P51, P47 and Spirfire XIX.

Typhoon did Display but blackjack was TEC so they used a spare.

Wingwalkers was solo again.

BBMF Hurricane had an oil spill
Last edited by bobby 1211 on Fri 19 Aug 2022, 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offbreed

Post by Offbreed »

I thought we might get a shortened display from the Typhoon because of the Spitfire combo, but I was pleased to see a full display from the Typhoon display team, and some nice vapour on the wings, as the jet turned hard over the sea 👍

MC hammer

Post by MC hammer »

Offbreed wrote:
Fri 19 Aug 2022, 2:37 pm
Just had a very nice flypast of the Typhoon and Spitfire together at Beachy Head, plus the Lancaster flew in from that direction 😍
Saw the Typhoon and Spitfire from a distance. Initially they looked higher than Beachy Head, were they level or lower than you when they actually passed by and close enough for a good shot please?
If yes and yes, then I might be inspired to give it a go but I've spent too many fruitless days up there in recent years and really don't want to do it again. Any help appreciated.

bobby 1211

Post by bobby 1211 »

P47 has been cancelled . This year really seems to be unlucky.

bobby 1211

Post by bobby 1211 »

Today was much better with no cancellations. Nice to see the Spitfire and Typhoon duo. Chinook and The Blades flypast wasn't bad either.

Tomorrow the Typhoon should be coming in from the left as its not scheduled to do a flypast with the Spitfire.

timuss

Post by timuss »

Saw the Blades doing a flight over Worthing seafront as i was walking home from work, just after 5.00 this evening. A late practice or a pax flight maybe?
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss

Zoom

Post by Zoom »

saw the best bits while on a bike ride along the coast solo Typhoon the star of the somewhat reduced show, I think the Blades were returning from their display as I saw them at Birling Gap where we also had a very close and impressive pass by the Chinook :grinning:

bobby 1211

Post by bobby 1211 »

Lancaster had a birdstrike and returned to Southend

melodrama

Post by melodrama »

Despite my earlier moans about lack of fast jets after late withdrawal of F-16 for hard-to-fathom reasons, I did take the trip down to Eastbourne on Saturday, and really enjoyed it. The sun shone, the sewage wasn't obvious (though no way was I going to swim in that) and the coast path with its cypresses etc looked a treat. Left a bit late so only arrived as the Strikemaster flew in... lovely display I thought, as was the Typhoon and Spit soon afterwards. Sea Fury was excellent and enjoyed the Blades too - that hammerhead manoeuvre was spectacular and I hadn't seen it for a few years. The Reds were very enjoyable too, although I agree their show this season is below par for them. Well done to the organisers for putting it together... it's a great space for aircraft to display in and those that did show up performed superbly.

MC hammer

Post by MC hammer »

Seeing as I asked earlier for info re Beachy Head, it's only fair that I share how I got on up there on Sunday.

The sun was out getting up there and also as I made my way home but, in between, just clag with a few drops of rain thrown in.

As for photo opportunities, the Puma was a nearly moment, coming from inland just town side of the bomber command memorial. The Chinook was a very good pass after it's display. A couple of the Reds were very low overtop, rather than around the Head.

And that was about it.