the Salisbury Plain FARP

Arrange to meet fellow members at a particular event/location
Hellfire

the Salisbury Plain FARP

Post by Hellfire »

Seen some fantastic shotsfrom the FARP over the months and was just wondering exactly where around the plain it is situated. Would quite like to visit it whenever next active and living in the far north of England I'd quite like to avoid wasting an age to drive the endless string of roads not knowing where it is. Also any other locations around the plain that are open to public access would be appreciated.

Razor61

Re: the Salisbury Plain FARP

Post by Razor61 »

The TSW chaps are thinking of moving the FRP away from photographers next year. Due to the issues they had with the last exercise.
They put up areas with tape for photogs and some people trood them down and moved closer than they were told to do so. That and other issues concerning other photographers not listening to a word the CO was saying and still did no good.
At one point, all photographers were moved away to the road, well off from the FRP due to the concerns they had.

It never used to be there anyway, it was dotted all over the place but i can't see it being there next time round as the CO was also told it was public rights of way going past the helicopters (which is correct) and he can't just set up a FRP in the middle of it (which they did do).

If it is there next time, expect big restrictions on photography. I can't see the TSW going through what they did this summer with the hassle they had from some people.
Rich C

SPTA Enthusiasts Forum
http://spta.proboards84.com/index.cgi?

T.S.W

Re: the Salisbury Plain FARP

Post by T.S.W »

As a former member of Tactical Suppply Wing,we take safety very seriously.And what we do and in my case did,is only done by a few units in the world.The Guys and Girld are highly trained and regularly tested on their competence.

Rotors turning refueling is a very complex task with many factors involved,including live ammunition,downdraft,terrain etc.These factors are not helped by certain folk plainly not listening.