Scampton Heritage Visit

Arrange to meet fellow members at a particular event/location
beefer

Scampton Heritage Visit

Post by beefer »

Have booked a tour at Scampton.Has any one been before.How long is the tour and how extensive is the tour,is it just the dambusters or does it include the Red Arrows.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Beefer

GhostFlight91

Re: Scampton Heritage Visit

Post by GhostFlight91 »

Beefer, how did you go about booking this?
What are the requirements, mini bus, 10 people etc?
Cheers
Luke
PLANEPLOTTER RTL1090 ADS-B DONGLE|REALISTIC PRO 26: 25-1300MHz|SONY ALPHA A200|COSINA AF 100-300mm|MINOLTA AF 35-105mm

beefer

Post by beefer »

I looked on the RAF Scampton web page and followed the link.I just said we would like a visit on a date and they booked a time.Didnt see anything about mimimum numbers.Hadnt thought about how we get around the base.They provide the guide,and guessing transport.

TIGER TIM

Post by TIGER TIM »

beefer wrote:I looked on the RAF Scampton web page and followed the link.I just said we would like a visit on a date and they booked a time.Didnt see anything about mimimum numbers.Hadnt thought about how we get around the base.They provide the guide,and guessing transport.

It's mainly by walking.

The Dambuster tour is a walking tour taking in the buildings in thereal operation including Hanger 2 and Gibson's Office, plus a few very funny stories about the film.

There's a museum in Hanger 2 with a Hunter, the Red Arrows Gnat T1 and a ex german AF Su-22M-4.

The Reds are by request only and it may only take in the Hawk outside Hanger 4 but if the Team has not gone to Cyprus you may get a practise.

beefer

Post by beefer »

Thanks for the info.Looking forward to the tour more now.