Bournemouth Aviation Museum Nightshoot

Arrange to meet fellow members at a particular event/location
Disaster Area

Bournemouth Aviation Museum Nightshoot

Post by Disaster Area »

Hi All,

If there is enough interest the Bournemouth Aviation Museum (located close to Hurn Airport) will be hosting a nightshoot on Saturday 15th March.

Rather than using large powerful halogen lights it is proposed that flash guns, torches are used to produce some very nice images, we did a nightshoot last night (Thursday) using the above methods with superb results, I hope that I will be able to show you some of the effects achieved in the next 48 hrs.

The cost will be £15 per head to include a fish & chip supper. You will be free to visit the museum anytime during the day to shoot the aircraft in normal daylight and whilst you enjoy something to eat museum volunteers will remove the fencing around the aircraft to allow unrestricted access to the exhibits.

The museum exhibits currently include :

Boeing 737-200 (front 60ft and wing stubs)
Westland Wasp
Vickers Viscount (Nose section only)
BAC Lightning (Nose section only)
EE Canberra (Nose section only)
Chichester Miles LeopardJet (one of only two ever produced)
AVRO Vulcan (Nose section only)
Gloster Meteor
Hawker Hunter
SEPECAT Jaguar
Percival Provost
CAF Harvard
De Havilland Vampire
Grumman AA5 (no wings)
Victor (Nose section only)
Piper PA.28 (fuselage only)
Westland Wessex

We have more exhibits coming and it is planned that further night shoots will take place once the clocks have gone back later in the year.

If you are interested either PM me direct or leave a message on this thread, a decision will be made on Wednesday evening as to whether the shoot goes ahead or not.

Many Thanks

Chris.

SWATCO

Re: Bournemouth Aviation Museum Nightshoot

Post by SWATCO »

Visited the musuem in the half term holiday, really nice place, lovely people and the exhibits were well looked after. I might be able to come, it all depends on the date, so put me down as a maybe! :smile:

Disaster Area

Re: Bournemouth Aviation Museum Nightshoot

Post by Disaster Area »

Hi Stu

If there is sufficient interest there will be a night shoot on Saturday 15th March, failing that, due to the clocks going forward etc, it won't be until much later in the year Sept, Oct time.

Chris