North Weald

Arrange to meet fellow members at a particular event/location
bowler

North Weald

Post by bowler »

Hi

I am thinking of driving up to North Weald to see what is going on this Saturday.

I am trying to find out whether you are able to get access on to the airfield; for example The Squadron to sit and view? I assume some access must exist as I see pleasure flights are available. If someone has any information on what you can and cannot do + where to park that will be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Richard

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: North Weald

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Yes, you can access the airfield. Enter via the main gate on the Eastern side of the airfield on Merlin Way, follow the peritrack south of the main runway and you can either park up at the Squadron, which is the main hub/flying club etc, or park at the Wings Café, which is situated along the southern edge of the taxiway on the Western side of the runway, near the jet pan.

Sent you a PM with a little extra info.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

TJJ

Re: North Weald

Post by TJJ »

There is a Saturday Market as well. Don't let the marshals try and direct you into the car park just in side the main gate, signal that you want to carry on straight ahead and they will let you through.

It probably won't be very busy flying-wise because of the bank holiday. If you'd like a look up the Tower, ask at the Ops Office at the gate and they should be able to accommodate you. t's not my weekend on, although I will be working on Monday.
Nikon D750, Nikon D300s, Nikon D90